Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Snow and cold

loneranger

With 8 inches of snow and night time temps in single digits so early. What do you think deer will do? hold up. Move. Hit any food early in eve or is this all too early for a reaction? Curious.

I think that they will move hard monday... after the big storm. Depending on when it hits tomorrow, they may move well in the am too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yea after the storm passes they may be hungry and cold will burn calories. This condition is usual late Dec or Jan not already. You know it will warm up though. Too early to settle in. Just wondering if it is worth sitting near a plot in the eve this last week. I hate plot eve sits. If deer are out in it and you have to leave. Well,,you know. Hate tracking when dark approaching but with lots of snow that,,is no problem. Being only a bow hunter never tried hunts in this kind of weather. Usually comes after Gun season and by then most all of my local deer have left. So this is something strange and new so early.

Day of 2 snows this year- those days were slow where I was. Day after... really good. Maybe they are used to em now though & be full steam. I’ll take all the cold weather we can get!

maybe? Oh they have been eating them. Snow and cold usually move deer outa here tho. This early some may hang around?

Temps have stayed down there for the entire month which has also been strange so turnips didn't get that soft.

The does were starting to herd up last week in my area with the snow and cold. Still saw some bucks chasing and had one locked down with a doe in the road ditch by my house last sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom