Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

South Central Iowa Consulting Forester

Anyone have a positive experience or know someone that has had a positive experience with a good consulting forester in south central Iowa? Looking at some larger scale timber projects and would appreciate some feedback if anyone has had a good experience working with one. I know it’s kind of a shady industry and I just want to find one that will help out in achieving my management goals as well as helping administer the sale

Thanks!

***correction- I re-read this. I thought u wanted guy to go over your whole land (farm consulting)….. You wanted a timber sale & stuff…. Oh, ya- I’d for sure start out with state forester. FREE!!! What county are you in? I can tell u who it was if u throw county out. No Brainer. You can have lots of great resources on this. Even starting with state forester then doing privately hired guy for timber sale later can work. Good luck!! Keep posted & holler with ?’s.

Anyone have a positive experience or know someone that has had a positive experience with a good consulting forester in south central Iowa? Looking at some larger scale timber projects and would appreciate some feedback if anyone has had a good experience working with one. I know it’s kind of a shady industry and I just want to find one that will help out in achieving my management goals as well as helping administer the sale

Thanks!
Jeremy.Cochran@dnr.iowa.gov. Office: 641-774-8733. Cell: 641-203-0679

Great guy to deal with, I'm sure he'd help but he is Marion County, so not sure how that works but he could recommend someone I'm sure

Great guy to deal with, I'm sure he'd help but he is Marion County, so not sure how that works but he could recommend someone I'm sure
State foresters for every district. They usually handle a good pile of counties. They are FREE. They will write a timber management plan & often help you with cost share process (equip or reap). It’s then on you to make sure job is completed to specifications.
Anyone with land would be well advised to get appt with state Forester booked!!!! One call to ur NRCS office or Google it & u will know who yours is.

I can second this guy....he was VERY knowledgeable and was very passionate about his profession. We had good talks both about timber health and wildlife.

Top Bottom