Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

South Central or South Western Iowa Lease Options

I can spend $1500 or a little more for the right place. I'm just looking for something at least 40 acres.

Don't know about south central....but it's competive and discouraged in sw iowa....lots of guys from out of state have bought up large tracts of timber...displacing locals...making for some pretty heated exchanges.....besides ...no deer here:grin:

but like stated earlier...after watching last weekend, there really are no deer in SW Iowa anymore... pretty sad... I found over 30 carcasses in about a mile stretch, plus what was moving was getting shot at with the stupid high powers... sad sad

Dude, if knock on enough doors in either area you will find a place to hunt. I wouldn't spend a dime leasing. Farmers in the area hate deer and will give you permission if someone else isn't already hunting there. Order a plat map from the county courthouse you wish to hunt in and identify landowners. Even making phone calls may be a good start with a follow up visit if something looks promising.

I watch craigslist and have been surprised how many leases come up. I'm not looking for a lease, so if I see one, I will PM you...good luck.

I'm in Warren if I hear something, Ill let you know.

Dude, if knock on enough doors in either area you will find a place to hunt. I wouldn't spend a dime leasing. Farmers in the area hate deer and will give you permission if someone else isn't already hunting there. Order a plat map from the county courthouse you wish to hunt in and identify landowners. Even making phone calls may be a good start with a follow up visit if something looks promising.

The problem with this theory is that those farmers usually let anyone hunt....hard to practice QDM that way

Keep an eye on the hunting lease network (google it). Register with a username and you can look at prices. Most pieces are bigger than that and go for quite a bit more, but every so often something in that range comes up.

NWBuck

bkc, from his first post he's only looking for 40 acres or more. One can't practice QDM with anything less than 500+ acres anyway. Get permission to hunt a piece of heaven, do some scouting, and hope for the best.

Unfortunately you pay a 25% commission on all base camp and hunting lease network properties and that's why prices are skyrocketing.

Lease

The Taylor County leases are exactly what I'm looking for. They even have the second lease for $1400. They are just too far of a drive for me. I'm hoping something comes up like those a little closer to me. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

Top Bottom