• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email skipsligh@hotmail.com

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Spacing on Shrubs/Conifers

jerad

I am planning a 1300 ft planting for road screening. I'm tired of trucks stopping on the road to glass my fields. I have sandy soil conditions and deer density in my area is pretty high because the local shotgun groups shoot mostly bucks.

What species of Shrubs would you reccomend? So far I'm thinking Grey Dogwood, Chokecherry and possibly Wild Plum. Conifers will be Eastern Red Cedar and some Spruce on the outside edge, was thinking two rows of Cedars and one row of Spruce.

Also interested to hear everyones thoughts on spacing.

Thanks

jlwdvm

I am working with the Iowa Soil and Water Conservation to convert 3 acres of hilly pasture back to trees with wildlife (esp deer) in mind. I wanted to do Red Cedar. The plan the district forester came up with is rows 10' apart with the trees planted 7' apart in the row (600 trees/acre).

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
I have had the best luck with a 5 row tree screen or better. Cedar, Cedar, Spruce/Pine (caged if possible) and then one row of hardwood. That can be oak such as red oak that keep leaves on longer, or if you prefer to not have the deer walk that row, oaks will drop acorns in 10-15 years. I like Plum or Chokecherry for the shrub.

Top Bottom