Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spartan cams 3g vs 4g?

EVIL X

PMA Member
I'm getting ready to buy a few cams because I caught wind there is a promo on them currently. I found out the promo is on the 3g us cellular cams. A quick google search found the verizon customers were upset because as of 2019 their 3g cams were obsolete. Has anyone heard this about us cellular? And I have been told there is a 4g LTE model available for purchase through us cellular but I cannot find much info to support this. I know a few guys in here run the spartan cams, and I'm looking for advice as to which way to go! Thanks!

I was told that us cellular would continue to support 3g for at least 5 years. That's only what I was told, we'll see. Honestly idk how they wouldn't continue to support 3g...a huge portion of the rural population would lose service if they went 4g only

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Did you get that from a fairly reliable source arm? I'm not doubting you at all, I just dont want to be grumpy when my newish cams dont work after a year etc lol! I wonder if the quality would be any better on the 4g. Or if anyone had a 4g cam will it still work in a area that only gets 3g?

I got mine straight for a us cellular agent location. I know what you mean, i sure don't want to be SOL in a year either. I just went with it :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From everything I heard it will be 4-5 years before they go to 4g. I also think that Verizon gave them a discount when they went to 4g from 3g. In five years I think technology will be a lot better going to 4g and like arm I figured US will work with me on it.

Top Bottom