Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Speed loaders

Tmayer13

I currently have the regular ole speed loaders...they work ok but when using them with loose powder sometimes the bullet comes pushing out and powder goes all over and we'll it sucks...so what's everyone else using? I saw this one on Amazon and it looks pretty sweet...
943e718639766a1882ae4a104d4a067e.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I've been using the old style too but am going to try one like your picture. A buddy said he uses one like that and it works great. Worth a shot.

I have 3 of these and they work awesome. Powder and bullet are separate and the bullet end has a starter. What you posted looked similar in concept.
90a4b7780536af621a5fe932389349ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Cabelas used to be the only ones that had those(that I could find). My Father-in-law and I both have had one for at least 5 years. He's probably had his 10 or more. They do work very well. There look to be some improvements on the latest ones that are out.
The one disadvantage that I would give, is that if it's wet out, they are not completely waterproof. You'd want it in a waterproof bag of some sort.

I have 3 of these and they work awesome. Powder and bullet are separate and the bullet end has a starter. What you posted looked similar in concept.
90a4b7780536af621a5fe932389349ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

This is what I use also. It's Thompson Centers 4-N-1 Quickshot. They also have a Quick shot one that is similar. They work very well. I looked at the muzzcharge the other day at walmart and I didn't like it very much. Bulky and seemed like a powder spill waiting to happen.

I use something similar but mine are clear so you can see what's inside of them. I've had them for several years and they work well. I keep 2 of them in my coat pocket or on a shelf in I'm in the blind and several of the TC quick loads with 3 tubes and a place for primers with my powder loads and a couple of the other styles which hold 4 bullet/sabots in one speed loader to refill one of the clear ones if needed. I probably carry way more reloads than most ML hunters, but I'd rather have some extra versus needing to go back to the truck for more. Always a chance you could spill one or loose some of the powder and I won't shoot unless it's the same load that I'm set up for.

I still use the old school one's that have the dividers in the middle that separates the bullet and powder. Most of the time I keep powder in both sides of the speed loaders and put the sabot/bullets in my pocket/vest. I have to precisely measure out each load with my Savage Ml II and don't want to have to run home to measure out powder loads!

If you have empty rifle brass you can measure out your powder loads for your smokeless and cut part of a foam ear plug, twist it and put it in the top then put in a speed loader. The powder will not stick to the sides of the rifle brass and pours out easily into the muzzle when time to load. I do this and keep the bullets in my pocket.

I use small screw cap glass vials to weigh up a bunch of charges for my Savage ML. Put them in a ziplock with bullets and sabots, next to the primers in a fanny pack. Not the fastest reloading set up, but hey, it’s ML and you make the first shot count, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom