Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spooked/shot at turkey question?

EVIL X

PMA Member
To make a long story short, I am wondering if a spooked, shot at turkey will return to the same spot after say..a week or so? I had a turkey this past weekend come in and he completly circled me, and ended up on the back side of my tree only feet away..I could see him out of the corner of my eye and once he seen my decoy he spooked, so I still tried to get a shot and cleanly missed. Just curious if anyone else had a similar experience and then redeemed themselves? thanks for your imput.

Yeah he should be back, you might have 2 adjust your setup 50-100yds but he should be in the general area. They get bumped around a lot this time of year by mushroom hunters and people getting impatient and trying to get to close, but they normally don't go to far unless they're constantly being pushed around. Id say if nobody else is in there putting pressure on him that you should be real close to him if you start off where you left off last time.

Just me and my hunting partner on this farm. And I said a week because we won't be back until this weekend lol. That makes me feel a little better. It seems bird numbers are way down from last year, so I had figured I could have blown my only chance.. I hope I have round two with him that's for sure!

I'm also thinking about leaving the decoy at home because of this experience..thoughts or suggestions during the middle-late 4th season?

Top Bottom