Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spraying turnips

Hawk32

PMA Member
What works to spray turnips. Turnips are just getting started but weeds are getting bad.

I think only thing you could use is a grass only herbicide! Don't believe there's a broadleaf weed killer to use on brassicas ? Maybe someone else knows of one?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Deleted by deerdown
  • Reason: double
Show…
  • Deleted by deerdown
  • Reason: bad
Show…
Sorry, bad post - I have pumpkins on my mind.....
In the QDMA Level 1 Deer Steward program, Dr Craig Harper recommended using treflan in brassicas.

Prestige is another herbicide for brassicas post emergence that I read a little on.

Treflan is good. Usually when u get a flush of broadleaves ….. it’s usually due to working the soil. Usually. Or it hasn’t been in any rotation before. One thing a guy can do if broadleaves are issue….. this is for next year I guess…. Run soybeans or clovers there & keep them clean. If you are not doing that…. Spray with 2,4-d & Gly in July. Then- do a second spraying of Gly only right before planting. That will take care of 2 rounds of weeds & usually is pretty good at keeping down the 3rd flush, unless a guy tears up again. In that case…. In PERFECT world …. After working up.., Let weeds germinate - spray weeds off & then plant. &/or utilize treflan. Lots of ways to do this.

My brassica plots are toast for year.
Plan B in a couple weeks. Oats n rye. (If we get rain). If not, with
L be first time in 20 years I will have black plots.

My brassica plots are toast for year.
Plan B in a couple weeks. Oats n rye. (If we get rain). If not, with
L be first time in 20 years I will have black plots.
Sucks. What happened?
which region planting in? Still could do brassicas if not too far N.

25 miles north of Fargo nd.
Dry here is an understatement!
Even huge burr oak are starting to lose leaves.
Forecast does not look favorable for any rain.

You guys getting any of the water hemp in your plots?
Pain in the ***!
Yes, bad, most was above the new brassicas that i have coming up, so i mowed off the water hemp mostly above the brassicas yesterday. Hoping to at least set it back some to give the brassicas more of a chance.

Post emergents:
Stinger herbicide for broadleaves!
Clethodim & crop oil for grass.

Will clethodim work on rye coming up in our brassica plot? Probably waited too long to mow down the rye from previous year and it seeded out.

Mowed again and sprayed it 2 weeks before planting. We planted few weeks ago. Got 1/2” of rain on it a week ago but it’s really dry like everywhere else. Eastern IA

1f5a47c2bd05deeaa42751ad64670fe8.jpg
c6aa95823dd3587045c8c2340c447003.jpg

Will clethodim work on rye coming up in our brassica plot? Probably waited too long to mow down the rye from previous year and it seeded out.

Mowed again and sprayed it 2 weeks before planting. We planted few weeks ago. Got 1/2” of rain on it a week ago but it’s really dry like everywhere else. Eastern IA
Yes it will. I had same issue x 6 plots. Sprayed it all with cleth and crop oil this weekend.

Top Bottom