• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email [email protected]

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Squirrel shortage?

Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Hunterra - Custom Hunting Property Maps

arm

Leg
Aug 1, 2014
south central iowa
The OP's handle is perfect for a squirrel rut reporting thread. I'd say squirrel population is par for the course this year. I will say that most activity has been in a draw with apparently good walnut crop compared to the usual acorn ridges. One big bodied male about size of a small beaver following a female with a nut. Either she was hot or stole his best nut. Will keep updated

MNbuckhunter

Mar 27, 2012
November 6th, evening sit. Squirrels were thick all afternoon and even til dark. Lots of chasing and cruising. I hope lockdown comes very soon because it's hard to hear out there. I think maybe the mature squirrels will be on their feet today.

Fletch

Nov 22, 2002
Cedar Rapids
I'm seeing the same MNBuckHunter, lots of continuos chasing. Saw my #1 hitlister "Rocky" who I have 352 trail cam photos of, I'm fairly sure he's the one that's chewed on the Moultrie as well. But he's crafty and stayed on the other side of the tree. Needless to say the warm weather hasn't dampened the squirrel rut this year. Good luck to all you guys trying to fill your tree-rat tag.

Reactions: Wapsi Tree Rat

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
Apr 6, 2009
Both MN & Iowa
Are you near public land? Hmong hunters are very hard on squirrels on public ground. The MN DNR actually did a study with transmitters (trying to figure out why squirrels near public land were so scarce near the twin cities/metro area)...??

I am not joking! Every hunter in the state could have figured that out, but they had to do a study on it.

treerat

Nov 30, 2002
NE Iowa
Private ground just south of MN border. A few counties south they are all over. The "good news" is I spotted the flash of squirrel tail yesterday around 4 pm but that was it for the whole weekend. For now, all is right in the woods again.

If these deer would quit getting my hopes up... every time I hear what is sure to be a treerat scuffling leaves, it turns out it is just a deer. :)

Reactions: Wapsi Tree Rat

isu22andy

Nov 8, 2012
Rattled two in with my acorn cruncher . Had a red tail poacher circling over head thought he was gonna snag a meal . Just a three year old and a doe , really hitting this Pioneer hybrid food plot though . Will update in an hour to see if bushy tail booners stroll by .