Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

stand moving

patch86

I got a new property this year. Like 300 acres. I've hung 4 stands earlier this. Its great land but I think I need to move a couple stands. What's everyone's feelings on moving stands during the season? I don't wanna mess up anything.

Go for it, you need to get them hung in what you believe to be the best spots. Try and get several wind directions covered.

Though it's not my main farm, on Wednesday I hung 2 new stands. Had plenty of chainsaw work to do also - to open some shooting lanes. I'd have preferred to have it done 6 weeks ago, but sometimes things don't work out on schedule.

Heck, the farmer was out working on fence and combines, grain trucks and pickups were everywhere.

Better to get them hung now, rather than sit in a stand you have 2nd thoughts about.

My first day off this week is Monday so I think ill try and get it done then since its gonna be pretty warm. Take advantage of the unfavorable temperatures. Hopefully I can get it all done then.

Two beards is right. I move my stands at any time and sit in the right away. It never seems to matter alot of people seem to get a little too worried bout making too much of a ruckus.

I would move them PROMPTLY! If it were my land and I knew the good areas I needed to move to, I'd be in there TOMORROW, I'd quietly get them all finished right away, I'd let them sit a good week with no impact and then I think you'll be in great shape! Just my opinion and what i'd do.

I like to get all my setups fine tuned now while the farmers are everywhere picking, after that be carefull, but dont be afraid to put up a new one anytime,you dont want to be on the outside looking in.

Top Bottom