Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Still packing.

SaskGuy

Most are still packing antlers here. It is a balmy -45 F here this morning. January sucks.
B6g9nWzCUAIFsdo.jpg:large

I am always amazed that animals can survive such cold temps. You would think their ears, eyes, nose & feet would freeze. Temp was -7 w/ -34 windchill this morning in western Iowa....that was cold enough for me.
Nice buck by the way.

That's a sweet pic Kaare! How horrible is your battery life on trail cameras up there?

Saskguy, are you guys seeing mainly higher pressure with bitterly cold temps, but light or no wind with those temps?
I'm in NW MN, it was -20*F here this morning, but the wind won't stop blowing at 15-25 mph.
We're not getting the bitterly cold temps of -30 to -40*F, but the will not stop blowing.

If you guys are getting winds with those -45*F temps, it would be unbearable!

Great post!

I guess my post was misleading, it is -45 counting the wind, -35 F without. Luckily the wind is not too awful terrible but there is most definitely some. I walked a bit looking for sheds yesterday but I am clearly not as tough as I was 10 years ago, or maybe I am just smarter.

I guess my post was misleading, it is -45 counting the wind, -35 F without. Luckily the wind is not too awful terrible but there is most definitely some. I walked a bit looking for sheds yesterday but I am clearly not as tough as I was 10 years ago, or maybe I am just smarter.

only -35- shorts weather right there:D You have some tuff animals living up there- 45 below with wind- crazy cold!!

Great pic Kaare! We had a gentleman from Saskatoon, SK stop by my place of business last week and he said it was colder than a well-diggers @$$ in the Klondike up there! :) Made me chuckle. Hope the chocolate starts hitting the ground for you soon!

Top Bottom