Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SUCCESS!

OneCam

On a whim I decided to hunt an area that I have never stepped foot in. I placed my stand in one of the thickest areas possible while maintaining the wind in my favor.

I rattled every half hour not really expecting to see anything. About 4:30 and about 5 minutes after one of my rattling sessions a brute came through at 20 yards. Not giving me much time before he would walk through one of my shooting lanes "auto pilot" took over and the arrow hit its mark. I heard the buck crash a short distance away.

I recovered the 8 point buck just 50 yards from the shot. He was definitely a mature (4 1/2 year) deer and his body was immense. At first I figured he would score around 145" but later I found out he was much bigger.

Here he is . . .

Dscn0423.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and good huntin,

Congrats!!! I finally get to start hunting this w/e.

Great pic and definitely a great buck!!! Anyone would be proud of harvesting that whitetail!!!

Good job!!!!I also think that is one of the best way's to hunt them and catch them off guard.
Did you cut any shooting lane's or did you just get in and take the shot's you had?I try to not do any trimming when I'm hunting that way.
Congratulations!!

That is a great buck!!!! Look at the neck on that brute....... he was definately looking to kick some butt....... man that gets my blood boiling for the next two weeks off work...... Thanks for sharing a great photo with us !
cool.gif

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy
smile.gif

Congrats to one of our own!

TLH

PS, Happy Halloween - Are we having fun yet?

I have a real sweet spot for 4x4's and that is a beauty. What does he score, my gues is 150-155. I like the mass near the bases, great job!

My hats off to you, One Cam. You obviously spend a lot of time in the woods to do that year in and year out. Congratulations on a great buck. I haven't seen you post any trail cam pictures this year.

That's an awsome 4x4. the Neck seems to be huge from the what the picture shows.
Nice one.
What was the weight?

Congrats! I know where I will be for the next two weeks. Vacation here I come! What a beutiful deer. Don't ya just love it?. Best wishes the rest of the hunting season.

Congrats Chris, like Tony said couldn't happen to a nicer guy. That thing is a brute. How big was the neck on him?

Chris

Nice buck Chris! From looking at the pic I would bet he would gross score around 146 and net around 142. Of course that's a guess.
rolleyes.gif
Regardless of the score he's a very nice buck!! Congrats

G6

Congratulations OneCam, Very nice!

I start 2 weeks off work tomorrow night. Makes me look forward to it.......
grin.gif

cool, nice buck man. sounds like it was a nice clean kill, gotta love it. now you're in the same spot i am, wishing i could still bowhunt! oh well, time to chase turkeys.
wink.gif

Congrats on a awesome buck! Looks like that boy had one BIG body! Nice when things come together on a hunt like that, great job.

TB

What a buck Onecam, looks like you have got the succes on the big bucks. Congrats man.

Top Bottom