Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Success

T

tineseeker

Going into my stand around 4:15 I spooked a hand full of deer. Kind of aggravating. Fifteen minutes after settling in I decided what have I got to loose and tried a grunt rattle sequence with a small set of antlers. Five minutes latter a little buck showed up. Shortly after that another little buck showed up. Both of the little bucks started sparing , milling around and making scrapes. I watched them for a half hour before they disappeared behind my stand in some brush. I decided to try to bring them back in so I did another rattle sequence and grunted a few times. Short after that I saw a buck behind my stand in the brush. I could tell he was bigger (I didn’t think he was a shooter though) He started to work away from my stand. I really wanted to see how big he was so I decided to try another rattle sequence. After rattling he became agitated and began thrashing the brush with his antlers. One more little rattle sequence and he started heading right for me. About 20 feet from the back of my stand he thrashed another tree. I grunted toward the front of my stand he headed right for my tree and walked right under me.. I shot him at less then 10 yards. He went about 30 yards further... I love the woods and this time of year!

Attachments

• 35239-MVC-005F.JPG
    35239-MVC-005F.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 131
Great Story and success....makes me get the urge something fierce. Congratulations!

Excellent job tineseeker.
peace.gif

Top Bottom