Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Switchgrass

I saw this on the Facebook machine. Thought it was interesting
8f3b60fc6da63c75c7082e872910865e.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Just confirming that it is ok to use gly + atrazine right now on on weak stand of switch drilled last year. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just confirming that it is ok to use gly + atrazine right now on on weak stand of switch drilled last year. TIA

Just answered my own question. Went down to the farm today. Pulled up to the field with a gly+2-4D mix. Looked at the stand before spraying and saw green shoots coming up. So will come back tomorrow with only 2-4D.

971e7a7e0613200e73093b7d9faf19d3.jpg

3e51dc43b1e612c41c553f49e7d5bdac.jpg

73ffe6b88e1b31f6085ef22490735a43.jpg

Can someone please tell me that this is indeed that ever illusive switch grass!?!?! If its not maybe even lie to me....

Attachments

• IMG_5268.jpg
    IMG_5268.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5269.jpg
    IMG_5269.jpg
    983.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_5270.jpg
    IMG_5270.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
What would be the best method to kill volunteer beans in a new switch planting? They are resistant to everything. I sparayed Simazine and 2-4D after drilling. I converted 1/2 of a 2 acre bean plot into switch. There are so many beans coming up in the other 1/2 after mowing and discing that I don't think I', even gonna replant it this year! Basically a blanket of beans in that 1/2, but not quite as thick in the new switch. I'm thinking mowing is the best bet, but not sure how high the beans should be to get a kill.

What would be the best method to kill volunteer beans in a new switch planting? They are resistant to everything. I sparayed Simazine and 2-4D after drilling. I converted 1/2 of a 2 acre bean plot into switch. There are so many beans coming up in the other 1/2 after mowing and discing that I don't think I', even gonna replant it this year! Basically a blanket of beans in that 1/2, but not quite as thick in the new switch. I'm thinking mowing is the best bet, but not sure how high the beans should be to get a kill.
Mowing is definitely going to be your best option. The beans will still grow but you will severely stunt their growth

Novice question. I purchased a 606NT from Land Pride. I don't have a warm season grass box. Can I still drill switchgrass with the small seed box?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Have Reed Canary grass growing but no switch (2nd year screening stand) 24-D time?????

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Can someone please tell me that this is indeed that ever illusive switch grass!?!?! If its not maybe even lie to me....
Reeds canary ….. atrazine/simazine + ammonium sulfate. U can add some 2,4-d as well. That cocktail smokes it.
JP: later- that’s what you could even do with yours if u have a lot of other grasses like RCG in there. But- I’d suspect you’re set & off to the races. As plants get larger, you will soon know how your stand is doing. Give it a good solid month.

• Deleted by Ishi
Show…
  • Deleted by Ishi
Show…
mamashifa +27719415624
I help individuals with most relationship and family problems, say bringing back / reunite lovers, get a new lover, succeed in a relationship / Marriage, and other problems. I do work with the help and guidance of my ancestors. Having questions about your love life, wondering if he/she is the right choice, I can help to know the potential of your relationship and advise how to make things better in your life. Guiding you as you walk your life’s path. I could help you to connect with the ancestors, interpret dreams, diagnose illness through divination with bones, and help you heal both physical and spiritual illness.
Email;shifaezraspells.com mamashifa +27719415624

I come bearing gifts of dreams interpretation, traditional healing with spiritual powers, I help with Love, Relationship & Marriage. Email:info@shifaezra.com I help individuals with most relationship and family problems, say bringing back / reunite lovers, get a new lover, succeed in a relationship / Marriage, and other problems. I do work with the help and guidance of my ancestors. website:https://shifaezra.com/

Having questions about your love life, wondering if he/she is the right choice, I can help to know the potential of your relationship and advise how to make things better in your life. Guiding you as you walk your life’s path.

I could help you to connect with the ancestors, interpret dreams, diagnose illness through divination with bones, and help you heal both physical and spiritual illness. +27719415624

I facilitate the deepening of your relationship to the spirit world and the ancestors. Working in partnership with one’s ancestors is a gift representing a close link with the spirit realm as a mediator between the worlds, info@shifaezra.com

I am a traditional spiritual healer, palm reading, return lost lover, psychic online reading, lost love spell caster, reclaim your lost lover, love spell caster, bring back ex lover immediately, marriage/relationship spells, stop being cheated on spells, wealth/success spell, win lotto, LGBT spells, spiritual healing spells, power and fame spell.

Let me solve your problems using African traditional methods. I believe that our ancestors and spirits give us enlightenment, wisdom, divine guidance, enabling us to overcome obstacles holding our life back.

Gmail:shifaezraspells@gmail.com

Email:info@shifaezra.com

Tel: +27719415624

Hey man, I got foxtail coming up in my frost seeded switch. You got any good ideas on that?

This! From the man himself.

Not that you should not spray again, but patience can be a powerful tool. We had the same issue last year. No foxtail this year and switch is all over the place. We did not spray again after the first application.

Read Page 62 iowawhitetail forums

To put things in perspective... All my original stands I mowed and sprayed the fall before, winter seeded and did absolutely nothing after that. The first year it was a mass of weeds including foxtail, the second year switch was evident (first year there was none to be found), foxtail did not return but weeds did. Third year it finally developed into a mature stand.

The object of herbicides is get a mature stand sooner and Oust is a useful tool to accomplish that.

I would spray 1 ounce SFM75 /Oust per acre late November, add seed if you wish and atrazine if you wish but leave a strip as is to compare

Will Atrizine kill anything on contact, or is it simply a pre-emergent? Oust works on contact for Foxtail and Crab Grass?

Will Atrizine kill anything on contact, or is it simply a pre-emergent? Oust works on contact for Foxtail and Crab Grass?
Atrazine + ammomium sulfate or crop oil is pretty tough on most weeds as a POST EMERGENT (& clearly great for most as a pre).
BUT.... Mixed results on foxtail & crabgrass... even with Ammonium sulfate, crop oil & 2,4-d, it's hard to kill Foxtail & crabgrass. Atrazine's WEAKNESS is: crabgrass & foxtail. The solution is: Quinclorac & methylated seed oil.

Top Bottom