Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Target buck is back...fired me up!

203ntyp

PMA Member
I posted a thread on this buck called May/June velvet a few months ago then he disappeared until this week. I knew he was going to turn into something special for PA and have been anxiously waiting for 3 months for him to show up again. I am officially fired up!

I'm not sure what he will score so hopefully you guys that are used to seeing buck of this caliber can give your best guess as to what he will score.
Thanks!

full

full

I can see way you are fired up. He is definitely a good one. Hopefully you can seal the deal. Best of luck to ya this season.

I don’t like to give scores much....... but you need seal the deal with him. Great buck for sure!!

That's in PA?!?!?! Wow! I know lot of guys picking up "lost bucks" in last week. Should be great season. Good luck on that stud!

I came up with a 5x5 estimate of 166 - so RJack is spot on saying 170 with the flyer. Great animal - stick him!!

Over 8 weeks I hunted hunted him hard, had 3 encounters but no shot opportunities. He's still around though, can't seem to upload the most recent photos anymore for some reason.

Lets see if this video works...
Vid works!
Working on pics right now and Tapatalk. We’ll get it fixed. Just takes some back and fourth with tech folks to get it done.
Frigin giant. Dude has a perfect & gorgeous frame. Good luck!!!!

What season is open for you 203ntyp?
We had 7 weeks of early archery which ended November 20th, rifle came in on the 28th and ends tomorrow December 12th. There is a late archery and flintlock season that starts the day after Christmas and ends mid January. I will post about an awesome encounter I had on November 9th 20 yards from by back yard later. Coolest thing I ever witnessed up close and personnel!

Last day of the PA late archery and flintlock season ended January 18th. I had no pics of him for 12 days but he finally showed backup and confirmed he made it! If he puts on as much as he did last year he should be in the 180's at least.

I had three encounters with him during archery but never had a shot opportunity. The closest encounter with him and the closest I ever had with any buck was November 9th in a stand 15 yards from the back edge of my yard. Hadn't seen anything and it was 3 minutes past quitting time and I couldn't see my pins or shooting lanes well so I thought I'd get out before anything came through. Lowered the bow and took two steps down the tree and looked to my left and there he was at 20 yards. Nothing I could do but hug the tree like a raccoon and watch. He came by me at 12 yards and peaked out into my yard and field then headed back down to the creek bottom trail I was watching. I watched him head upstream and out of sight the best I could tell, waited a few more minutes to give him time to move on but no, here he comes back down the trail. He turned and came to the base of the tree and walked under my bottom stretched out leg about 8' below me! He was "clicking" real faint as he passed then headed back downstream. Coolest thing I ever encountered in all my years of hunting. When I checked the camera the next day which I had on video I realized he was on a doe and circling her.

Here's the last pic, hope to find his sheds!

1-22-21 10 point.JPG

Top Bottom