Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Taxidermy Photos

WillBates

I have no idea if this is the right spot for this thread but what the hell. I just killed the biggest deer of my life a couple days ago. I picked a Joe meder offset full sneak form for now. Ive got people telling me not to go with and ive read a full sneak with a turn shows off racks the best. So I was wondering if anybody hear can post your own or give your advice. Im open to anything. I just want whats best for my buck. It more or less has to turn right to show his crab claw. He had 3 inches of neck swell is what the taxidermy told me. My last buck was mounted on a mckenzie 6900 series which im tryin desperately not to repeat. Not that I hate it, I just dont want 2 of the exact same mounts as this will be my 2nd shoulder mount. Anypost away with your opinions! If you havent seen the deer here are some photos!

Congrats on a giant!! Get on the internet and look at some of the different brands. Lots to choose from. I agree your buck will look great with a full sneak, but I will tell you that forms vary greatly from one to the next.

Put that thing on a Ben mears form, they really look good. Or joe Coombs look nice to. I don't have any pics on my new phone but I can take some when I get back to the shop of some if you like.

I have two on the wall right now. One is a semi-sneak left turn offset shoulder, and the other is a full-sneak left turn offset shoulder. I didn't want to go with the same pose, but I really liked the semi-sneak look, so decided on the full sneak. Can't tell you what forms as the taxidermist picked them based on the above descriptions that I wanted. They hang right next to each other and look pretty good in my opinion. Have one hanging just a little lower than the other. A semi-upright is probably the highest I would go, but just because I don't like upright alert looking mounts as well. The sneak forms look more natural to me I guess. Also, keep in mind where you're going to put it and how much space is there. Another reason for the sneak poses is it lets you mount them higher on the wall so you don't have to duck under them!

I have two on the wall right now. One is a semi-sneak left turn offset shoulder, and the other is a full-sneak left turn offset shoulder. I didn't want to go with the same pose, but I really liked the semi-sneak look, so decided on the full sneak. Can't tell you what forms as the taxidermist picked them based on the above descriptions that I wanted. They hang right next to each other and look pretty good in my opinion. Have one hanging just a little lower than the other. A semi-upright is probably the highest I would go, but just because I don't like upright alert looking mounts as well. The sneak forms look more natural to me I guess. Also, keep in mind where you're going to put it and how much space is there. Another reason for the sneak poses is it lets you mount them higher on the wall so you don't have to duck under them!
Height problems are pretty much erased with the full sneak which is great. I DO NOT like uprights. Semi is def as high as i would go. Idk what the hell to do lol

Take it down to Joe and let him pick the form. He got a great eye for what form will show bucks character the best.

Congrats on a sweet looking buck! I think the form you picked out is the nicest form Joe sculpted and your buck will look fantastic on it! But you owe it to yourself to check out the 9500 series wall pedestal from Joe Coombs. It is really sweet! Www.joecoombs.com

Congrats on a sweet looking buck! I think the form you picked out is the nicest form Joe sculpted and your buck will look fantastic on it! But you owe it to yourself to check out the 9500 series wall pedestal from Joe Coombs. It is really sweet! Www.joecoombs.com

I love coombs forms!

DSCF1004.jpg

I have 15 head on the wall, and that Joe Meder full sneak is without a doubt one of my two favorite. I have wanted another one for years, but the taxi always tells me he can't get the right size for the capes I have had since. Awesome deer. Congrats!

Top Bottom