Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Teacher dilemma: What day would you take off this year?

skyleralan

PMA Member
Ok, I am a teacher therefore, I am essentially a weekend warrior aside from a couple early outs and Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday (which aren't necessarily optimal for bow season).

I am looking at my calender and either looking at taking the 5th of Nov. (a monday) or the following week Nov. 12 (a Monday) off. We get out early Friday (the 9th) due to the end of the trimester.

I like both of those dates because it obviously gives me a three day weekend to hunt.

Unfortunately no, last year it rained and sleeted on the day I took off, I think Nov. 6th if I remember right. I have like three weeks before I have to have it officially turned in before that date, so like Mid-Oct. I have to submit it.

kind of a crap shoot. personally i think either day would be good, but would probably lean toward the 5th just because you will already have 2.5 days the following weekend. plus less likely to be in the "lockdown" phase earlier

I would get terribly ill Nov 6-15. Then, I'd have a re-occurrence the week of Thanksgiving week if you didn't get some of those days off. I like late Nov.

I hope your Flesh Eating Bacteria treatment goes well! :)

I would get terribly ill Nov 6-15. Then, I'd have a re-occurrence the week of Thanksgiving week if you didn't get some of those days off. I like late Nov.

I hope your Flesh Eating Bacteria treatment goes well! :)

And just pray none of my co-workers or administrators are IW members, LOL.

It is tough when November rolls around!

i would personally take the 5th off. the 4th last year was the best day by far for me. deer were moving everywhere. however, my buddy would tell you to take the 12th as that was his best day last year. i believe the deer will be moving early this year with a) crops coming out early and b) temps being the way they are already. just my opinion.

I would do the 12th. Everyone likes to jump the gun because thier anxious to get out hunting while its good. However, if you have a limited schedule and openings when you can get out, then get out while the big deer are out. You may see a lot of deer early in November, but its just little guys getting anxious for some poontang just like many hunters wanting to get in the woods.
If you wanna kill a big deer, take off the 12th!

I always take the full week of November off. I have been doing this since 06 and have always tagged out. But you can't be afraid to sit all day for a week if you have to. I have shot deer at 1 and 3 PM. Good luck!

Its always good to get sick the 7th thru the 14th for me...Terrible recurring flu that time oof year ;)

Top Bottom