Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Team Contest

Nice! I'll do it. Pry 1 buck per person, agree on above if still contemplating. All good though however you do it. With my hunting skills, I pry need to ask: can we enter road kill deer?
How teams chosen?

Great idea Curtis, I don't know if it's fair to whoever's team I get on since in PA it's hard to harvest a P&Y here on a regular basis. I don't want to be the weak link for team, wish I was still hunting the mid west!

I’ll start making a list for people wanting to do it and assigning numbers, then I’ll use a random number generator to create the teams.. we will just do top scoring buck for each person: if you kill a buck enter it then if you kill a larger one than you can replace your score with that deer. If you can’t post pictures i’m sure team captains or other teammates can post them for you.

Great idea Curtis, I don't know if it's fair to whoever's team I get on since in PA it's hard to harvest a P&Y here on a regular basis. I don't want to be the weak link for team, wish I was still hunting the mid west!
You just as well join us!! The more the better!

Don't sweat it! If someone is so hell bent on winning that they have an issue with a PA boy joining in, well, that's their problem I guess. Lol. Join in sir!

I changed the sign up deadline to October 22nd so we can get this thing rolling. Make sure to say you’re in to be put on the list. This is who I have so far:
  1. CurtisWalker
  2. bigbuckhunter88
  3. isu22andy
  4. LYON
  5. BDAHMS
  6. Bone Slayer
  7. TeenageHunter
  8. Brett Morris
  9. Obsessed
  10. arm
  11. Swintonator
  12. jkratz5
  13. meyeri
  14. Jbohn
  15. Ishi
  16. Sligh1
  17. 203ntyp
  18. skyleralan
  19. Ryan Smith
  20. Monsterbuck
  21. gunhunter
  22. nontyp
  23. IowaBowHunter1983
  24. birddown101
  25. westpointhunter
  26. 4DABUCKS

I think its great that people are banding together and starting a contest, but let me suggest sign up be open thru the seasons entirety. It is kind of silly to try and promote activity on the site and then close sign up for a free contest with no prizes after only 4 days. WhenI ran the turkey contest team could sign up last day and it worked out great. The old deer contest was open to register a deer all season and up till a week after it closed.

Also, to encourage younger hunters, hunters in lower trophy producing states, etc I'd suggest having the contest judged partially on the story / journey of getting the buck. I'd vote for a guy shooting a150 inch 8 point with 4 years of cam pics, sheds, history over a one and done luck of the sit 200 incher. The story/ journey is the best part IMO

Anyway, food for thought.

I think its great that people are banding together and starting a contest, but let me suggest sign up be open thru the seasons entirety. It is kind of silly to try and promote activity on the site and then close sign up for a free contest with no prizes after only 4 days. WhenI ran the turkey contest team could sign up last day and it worked out great. The old deer contest was open to register a deer all season and up till a week after it closed.

Also, to encourage younger hunters, hunters in lower trophy producing states, etc I'd suggest having the contest judged partially on the story / journey of getting the buck. I'd vote for a guy shooting a150 inch 8 point with 4 years of cam pics, sheds, history over a one and done luck of the sit 200 incher. The story/ journey is the best part IMO

Anyway, food for thought.

Yes- we can & should make little changes. I vote extending the sign up some. For sure. It’s already deer season so the more we can get on board the better. More competition is good too!! :)

I think extending the sign up is a good idea. However i think the people signed up by the the 22nd (random date because it was already mentioned) get assigned a team and anyone after that randomly added to the existing teams. This gives the teams a chance to communicate and interact with one another.
Also there was mention of the IW merchandise coming back. Possibly a shirt or stocking hat to the winners or possibly come up with some other prizes.
Just spitballing here.

Last edited:
I'm in ... have to blow a lil dust off the bow and see if I can still hit something.

Central Iowa should get handicap points. Lot of reasons. ;).
Yep- that 1993 Darton will still get the job done though CI. Chuck Adams grand slam Easton arrows - nice combo. One thing u do have going for u that most folks can’t find..... that spool of tracking string that goes where stabilizer also fits- tying string to end of arrow does really make recovery easier. Fix your 2x4 nailed up steps up to ur platform and get out!!!

Top Bottom