Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thankful

cybball

I"m really thankful today that I'm a hunter. I hit Fareway yesterday and all their burger and chicken was gone. I have a freezer full of venison, so I smiled and kept walking. Strange times we are in, and glad I'm able to provide for my family.
Stay healthy my friends.

Same here, plenty of game and fish. I know a guy in MN, that has his own land, and it is out of venison. He said, "why didn't I shoot that doe last fall".

Agreed. It's crazy here in the CB area that Walmart...etc are all sold out of paper products.

If you need any paper products...try out Menards. It seems the hoarders don't know that Menards carries toilet paper.

That's funny, I was in a local Menard's the other night and walked by plenty of TP and thought, "Huh, I wonder why the hoarders haven't hit this place? Oh well.", and kept walking.

My ponds will never go empty & the amount of deer & turkeys around sure is nice!! Apple & Pears, walnuts, etc, etc... big garden.... oh man- sure is nice to be on farm in Iowa! I don’t know how & why the crowds live in places like Chicago, New York, LA, etc. agree - I’m thankful for iowa living.

I"m really thankful today that I'm a hunter. I hit Fareway yesterday and all their burger and chicken was gone. I have a freezer full of venison, so I smiled and kept walking. Strange times we are in, and glad I'm able to provide for my family.
Stay healthy my friends.

That's awesome. Probably the first time in modern history that the only reason some people have meat right now is because they are a hunter.

Freezers full of home raised beef/pork. Don’t have to wait for a season to get more fresh. Ice is off the pond, could try to drown a worm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. It's crazy here in the CB area that Walmart...etc are all sold out of paper products.

If you need any paper products...try out Menards. It seems the hoarders don't know that Menards carries toilet paper.
Clive menards was all gone yesterday. I was there for normal hardware stuff. Crazy city folk. Bahaha...

I heard that Wisconsin opened up it’s hunting and fishing seasons for sustenance hunting. That’s cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clive menards was all gone yesterday. I was there for normal hardware stuff. Crazy city folk. Bahaha...
No kidding. I was in the Urbandale HyVee last Friday for normal groceries and I think I was the only person in there not buying TP.

Even though I'm kinda one of the "city folk" now, I'm excited to head back to the family farm this weekend, stock up on some ground venison, hopefully find a few more sheds, maybe throw a bass lure in a pond, and get ready to shoot a turkey in the gizzard with the bow in a few weeks. If nothing else, it's two days away from these disease ridden people.

Grocery stores here in IC seem to be catching up a bit. Costco and Aldi had most everything yesterday on my milk run. A week ago you couldn't buy split pea soup in either, it was eerie.

Happy to see stores doing "old fart" hours around here and honestly is also awesome to see people still trying to support local restaurants by doing take out or delivery.

Skip, I'm heading to your back 40 if it gets really bad. Just wave and give me 100 feet special social distance.

Today we start home schooling... I do NOT like it

Thankful, as well. Not only stocked up on fish and game but apparently, the local Fareway butchered an unfathomable amount of beef. Most must have bought the cheap stuff.

End result... T Bones that were actually a Porterhouse for $5.99/lb!! Smoked and reverse seared tonight. Melted in my mouth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As of today we are on lock down here in central PA. Been to the grocery stores a few times the past 3 weeks but most isles are bare including frozen foods and meats. I am thankful though since I have some tasty venison, should have filled my other tag just in case though. I was looking forward to our state opening trout season which was scheduled for this Saturday but I found out today that has been postponed too. Wish I had a pond! Might have to resort to crawfish, plenty of them in the creek running through my property. We do have fresh eggs from the hens, they may start to look pretty tasty after while!

As of today we are on lock down here in central PA........ I was looking forward to our state opening trout season which was scheduled for this Saturday but I found out today that has been postponed too.......

I ran some quick calculations. PA population is 13 million. 4,154 Covid19 cases gives you a whopping infection rate of 3 hundredths of 1%. Seriously? You can't go FISHING??!! Unbe*!#%#&!lievable!

Our governor is actually encouraging outdoor activity right now for improved physical and mental health. She is also refusing to issue the stay at home order despite being under tremendous pressure to do so.

So far so good, Kim. Keep it up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom