Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The “survivors” & leaving cams up...

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
I love getting buck pics with date JANUARY 11 or past!!!!!!! Pry keep em up for long while yet. Past shed season (to know they all shed and keep eye on things). This dude was at this tiny spot oct 1 (opening day I sat there) & January 10. Tiny area. Almost every night. Fun to see!!!
when y’all leaving cams up til? Most folks do inventory after season or pulled? Good luck on nice survivors!!! Fun stuff!!! Fun with cams and then fun with sheds just a short time away!
FCB007D4-28C8-4B10-84D9-0E7A35481316.jpeg

I keep running cameras and I have a injured hoofed buck that has shed, one half rack but the others are still fully horned. I did have a buck last week that crossed the road in front of me with one antler and then lost the other side when he jumped the fence into the corn field. Found it the next day in daylight.

I run one or two cameras year long. Mainly to see how long some hold and when they start to sprout new antlers plus any other surprises that show up.

We keep a couple of cameras going all year as well, survivors, turkeys, trespassers. It is just fun to see what it going on.

I use to love getting the cams moved around to food sources in January to see what had made it through. Not so fun anymore. In 5 years I went from getting 20-30 bucks 2 1/2 years and older, today I have 3.
Corn piles will start appearing this week and ‘sharpshooters’ will be soon to follow. It’s really sad. It’s just not fun anymore.

I use to love getting the cams moved around to food sources in January to see what had made it through. Not so fun anymore. In 5 years I went from getting 20-30 bucks 2 1/2 years and older, today I have 3.
Corn piles will start appearing this week and ‘sharpshooters’ will be soon to follow. It’s really sad. It’s just not fun anymore.

Grim! Are you in SEMN?

Sad...MN went way too far with CWD

Top Bottom