Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The big 8

This stuff isnt exact but i'm going to say for the most part he stayed on a few hundred acres. He was only on one half of my farm. I NEVER got pictures of him on the other half. Basically he was on camera at all times of the year.... year after year after year. He just always seemed to be there. Saw him many times. Took lots of video of him. Every time I pulled cards, he was there. He wasn't overly aggressive. If he was; he'd be taken out years ago. I never really targeted him until this muzzleloader season. I just always had other deer on my radar. This year with ehd.... options were limited AND more importantly there are a couple young superstars in his same area. I just made a decision it was his time to go and give those other deer the best shot to survive and thrive. On some level I think this deer just grew comfortable with me being there. He had to of crossed by path dozens of times in the past. He never left or seemed edgy..... if that makes sense.

Found this to be similar with a big 8, actually two of them.

Guessing 300-400 acre range....kind of everywhere. Try to get (them)Next year maybe!!

Congrats on a hell of an 8!! Is that a smokeless muzzy your shooting? If so what model is it, looks pretty sweet.

Congrats on a hell of an 8!! Is that a smokeless muzzy your shooting? If so what model is it, looks pretty sweet.
You bet. Its custom built. Remington 700 action. Boyd stock. Arrowhead plug/module ignition. Triggertech trigger. Brux 45 cal SS barrel. Cerocoat.

Best builder in Iowa puts them together.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom