Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Deer are beating me up.

SEIowaDeerslayer

Frustration...frustration...more frustration. I went out this morning and sat until 11, fresh rubs everywhere, scrape I set my stand up on is now 3 times as big as it was, only saw 8 does. Went out this evening to another spot where rubs are everywhere, not one single deer. I'm afraid I may be eating tag soup this year for my anysex tag. Grrrrrrrr...

P.S. I love deer hunting. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Hey now, it is WAY TOO EARLY in the season to be talking about tag soup. I am in the same boat as you. Frustrated, not seeing the number of deer I would like. But hey, this is bowhunting, right? It's tough, thats why only the coolest of people do it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

So hang in there, even if it takes till the end of December. It only takes 30 seconds to turn around this tough season for ya.

SEID,
I'm with you on the frustration level. Almost shot a buck last night that I normally wouldn't consider shooting (125" 8-point)
due to how my year is going. Luckily, or unluckily however you want to look at it, an arrow in my quiver brushed a tree limb as I drew & he picked me off. After the frustration and anger at myself subsided I decided I was fortunate to have it happen. Too many nice bucks out there to settle for less due to frustration. Good luck.
Maggs

Frustration??? Try sitting through the Westerm MI vs. Iowa football game... now that's frustration.

Hang in there, plenty of time left to tag a bruiser. I'm in the same boat.

Bugs

Same here, been seeing a lot of 120s and busted up racks but when I start to feel sorry for myself I just think I am lucky to still be hunting, it will pay off.

You're not the only one frustrated. I think anybody with a tag left is frustrated at this point. The deer movement has come to almost a complete stop in my area.

A little frustrated here as well. Had a great morning on Saturday the 17th in the stand. Saw a nice 8 pt. that I grunted in, but wouldn't close the last 10 yards to a lane. Went back out in the blind with my 10 yr. old and saw a few. Went out again with my oldest (13) and hunted with him out of the blind and didn't see a thing Sunday morning. Good time spent with my boys...but no deer down ..yet.

Frustrated isn't even the begining. I have three nanny tags left and I can't see a nanny to save my life. The last 3 times I have been out, nothing but bucks coming by. Last night had 3 different bucks between 11 yards and 19 yards.

over 175 hours on stand. Many passes a few screw ups. lots of fun.. I have seen some unreal stuff this year.

Top Bottom