Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Theifs Sioux Rapids, IA

TheGreatMilenko

Well it looks like the theifs are back at it again. A few years back we stopped hunting castana due to theft of cameras and stands being vandalized. Now we have been hunting in Sioux Rapids for about 4 years and never had a problem with stands or cameras being touched. Went up this past weekend to hunt and as we were leaving for lunch noticed someone cut our python cables and stole our cameras. So far stands are still locked up and untouched. How can we deter thefts of camera's since we can't screw lock boxes to the trees?

Friends that hunt public take a climbing stick or two and put the cameras up out of reach and pointing down. They have had good luck with this.

I'm not sure of how to deter them but there's technology now that allows one to track an item via GPS. That way if they steal it you can find the item. Samsung and Apple both have them. Don't know much about it though because I just heard about it myself

Top Bottom