Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thinking about 2019 season

hesseu

I know I know, we haven't even started our 2018 deer seasons (except for all the great habitat work!). However, I am already looking forward to 2019. Reason being, is I now have 4 preference points for Iowa! Yes, I am an OOS'er a few hours south of the Iowa border. Over the past few years, I have taken some time to look at numerous aerial maps of public lands. So, I feel I have a few good starting points.

However, I was curious on something...I have debated leasing land vs hunting public. If I lease land I would only be hunting it for around 1 week in late October / Early November, and possibly a few days in December (very slight possibility on that). So essentially, just 1 week. Has anyone ever had success or know of anyone that has leased out hunting for just 1 week of archery season up there? I don't want to get into a situation where the place has a different person / people hunting each week from October through December.

Agree.
If u find guy who will take $ for a week- 95% of time be a disaster.
Go knock on doors. Or look for public & knock on doors while u out. U wanna have as many options as possible cause some of gonna be a mess during season. Eggs in multiple baskets when it comes to hunting options.

Since you're a few hours south of the border I'd hit up public. Scout now and hunt some weekends to figure out where to invest your time come rut. A week isn't much time IMO and a week lease seems like a gamble. You waited years to draw this tag, so IMO you might as well devote your season to hunting Iowa.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom