Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This will get your blood pumping

Wow, those are a couple slammers! Good to see the youth keeping up the hunting heritage, their smiles say it all....

Damn.... Kansas. If you had to pick the top area or county where would that be? I need to find a lease out there

105 Counties, 105 options. Like Iowa, giants can come from anywhere. The current state record gun deer came from the East but that deer the little girl shot which may be the new gun record came from 300 miles West. You can’t go wrong but leasable ground is easier to find in the western half of the state. That is because the human population is much smaller, so less competition. As you can see from her picture, the deer aren’t any smaller out west.

There is def a North South difference in Kansas. You get south and they look like Texas texas deer. Much smaller bodies. I was very surprised when I hunted SE Kansas.

Superb bucks!!

However, I'm gonna be the a_hole here.
I was for years the biggest supporter of youth hunts, then they turned into "trophy hunts"

My guess is both those lads were in a box blind with dad instructing them?

And odds are they had other deer in site/range before the biggies showed up.

Spent to many years taking kids out for their first deer to see what these "youth hunts" have become.

I hope I'm wrong!

Superb bucks!!

I was for years the biggest supporter of youth hunts, then they turned into "trophy hunts"

Spent to many years taking kids out for their first deer to see what these "youth hunts" have become.

I hope I'm wrong!

Good for them, what's the problem? If they have the means to kill giant bucks during youth so be it. I would bet MOST dads/moms are in the box blind instructing their kids cause...... that's what youth season is. If they decide to pass smaller bucks because of any reason, that's their choice.

Superb bucks!!

I hope I'm wrong!

Perhaps all of us should shoot the 1st deer that presents the 1st ethical opportunity instead of waiting for something different. Is there something wrong with dad being the mentor which could include waiting for better opportunities and perhaps missed opportunities?

If every youth harvest was posted we would all see that by far the kids are shooting does, small bucks, medium bucks . . . . . These big buck posts get the most attention so people start thinking that happens alot. . . . .Like every opportunity you will have people that take advantage of the situation and use the youth season as a way to get to a big one first, but I don't think that happens that often.

Congrats to these kids on some beautiful buck harvests. Hopefully the excitement is still there for them next year when a 100incher comes in.

My son has killed 2 bucks over 130” the last two youth seasons. The first one was his first buck and the first deer to show up that morning. The second buck was the deer he wanted to shoot, he passed many other deer because he didn’t want to shoot them. I’ve told him many times that he can shoot whatever he wants to and that at 14 he doesn’t need to trophy hunt. All I know is that I’ll be really bummed out when I can’t youth hunt with him anymore!

Going with my son this year again. So far he's only shot a basket racked 6 pt. This year he says he's going to wait for a nice 140" that we have pics of or maybe shoot a doe if he gets too eager . . . . Either way I am good. I sure won't tell him to not shoot if one like one of the deer above shows up!

Top Bottom