Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thoughts on Facebook, in general and for here?

• Deleted by antleraddiction
  • Reason: duplicate
Show…
So, with mainstream media outlets, social media outlets, etc all headed in the same direction...Where do you foresee getting your news from? Honest question here. My issue is that it is all connected now. They can tap into our browser history without any issues. Of course, news outlets aren't even news outlets anymore...they are all biased commentary outlets. So, maybe I just need to not worry about the news!

I would guess conservatives will create their own sites, Parler etc...new web services, competitors to Google. There will be money to made 75 million voted for Trump, many of them would move to a conservative site? That is my plan, I have never been on Facebook or Twitter, with the exception of my business on Facebook--which unfortunately is a must.

I would guess conservatives will create their own sites, Parler etc...new web services, competitors to Google. There will be money to made 75 million voted for Trump, many of them would move to a conservative site? That is my plan, I have never been on Facebook or Twitter, with the exception of my business on Facebook--which unfortunately is a must.

I agree...If I understand correctly, it will take quite an investment into servers. But, a lot of money to be made for some folks that is for sure.

I agree...If I understand correctly, it will take quite an investment into servers. But, a lot of money to be made for some folks that is for sure.
Trump is a billionaire, loves a lucrative investment opportunity, and currently has a LARGE fan base. I think it's a no brainer that he's going to be instrumental in investing in and launching conservative media outlets and social media applications. As long as they don't become publicly traded, then they could be a thorn in the side of MSM, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon, etc. for a very long time. And, give us all a safe place to exercise our 1st amendment rights.

Trump is a billionaire, loves a lucrative investment opportunity, and currently has a LARGE fan base. I think it's a no brainer that he's going to be instrumental in investing in and launching conservative media outlets and social media applications. As long as they don't become publicly traded, then they could be a thorn in the side of MSM, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon, etc. for a very long time. And, give us all a safe place to exercise our 1st amendment rights.

True...But, I don't foresee him fronting all the $ to get it up and running. Biggest issue IMO is finding the investors willing to put there name on something of this nature, because they will inevitably be ostracized.
One thing is for sure, the fan base among conservatives is at an all time high and it is instrumental that momentum is not lost.

I'd rather just have unbiased media than conservative media. Conservative slanted media would be just as bad as what we have now. What we really need is just honest and equal reporting allowing people to come to there own conclusions based on facts. What we have now is a joke but the antidote is not to have the exact same thing in the opposing arena. Polarizing media on both sides will simply result in greater divide and misunderstanding of those on the other side of the fence. I wish we could take everything media that we have today and scrap it and just start over new.

I'd rather just have unbiased media than conservative media. Conservative slanted media would be just as bad as what we have now. What we really need is just honest and equal reporting allowing people to come to there own conclusions based on facts. What we have now is a joke but the antidote is not to have the exact same thing in the opposing arena. Polarizing media on both sides will simply result in greater divide and misunderstanding of those on the other side of the fence. I wish we could take everything media that we have today and scrap it and just start over new.
I agree with you, but scrapping what's in place now isn't going to happen. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Since MSM swung so far to the left, instead of staying neutral like they were supposed to, (which is why press is protected in the first place), a neutral media voice is quickly snuffed out today. Only strong right leaning media will speak loud enough to be heard. Unfortunately, it's the situation we're in because we didn't enforce the rules that were in place to demand neutral media leading up to today. It's extremely polarizing. It also sheds light on where people stand.

I just read Sharyl Attkisson's book: "SLANTED: How the news media taught us to love censorship and hate journalism". She chronicles the migration of journalist's moving from just reporting facts to more of an OpEd, slanted style of "news" writing. She listed the sites below as being less biased than others, FWIW.

I agree with you, but scrapping what's in place now isn't going to happen. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Since MSM swung so far to the left, instead of staying neutral like they were supposed to, (which is why press is protected in the first place), a neutral media voice is quickly snuffed out today. Only strong right leaning media will speak loud enough to be heard. Unfortunately, it's the situation we're in because we didn't enforce the rules that were in place to demand neutral media leading up to today. It's extremely polarizing. It also sheds light on where people stand.
I would love to see some sort of mandate for news organizations that would require a 50/50 staff of left and right leaning individuals. I think more fair and equal reporting would come naturally in an environment where you both have to see and work with the other side on a daily basis. I have no idea how this could be done other than the media corporations themselves mandating it. Of course that will not happen with the current group but someone new could come along and become the new standard. It's not impossible, new things we never imagined could happen come along all the time.

FCC fairness doctrine was done away with during the Reagan administration. Has been a number of attempts to reinstate via various bills but none have gained much traction. Probably more money to be made by media corps to sensationalize news and get people to choose a side and create a cult following than just reporting facts. Would love to see more accountablity for anyone intentionally spreading lies and misinformation.

Top Bottom