Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thoughts..??

hotshott2289

Hey guys,
Been a long long time since I've ventured onto here.. Life gets busy and what not but long story short. I have a schaphoid non-union in both my right and left wrists. I had surgery on my right wrist in April but as of yet it has yet to heal up, so it looks as though for me to be able to hunt this year I'm going to have to be using a crossbow.. Not excited about it because i will miss my stick and string but the alternative of not hunting would be far less enjoyable. Any x-bow advice or models to look into would be great.. also if anybody has any experience with these fractures I'm open to advice!! want to get back to doing my normal stuff ASAP!!!

I would look at either the Stryker or the TenPoint line. Father in law has the Ten point tactical (I think that is model) and it is a smoker. Won't even shoot it at less than 30 at the same X as the groups are so tight. They are definitely on the pricey side so if it is gonna be a temporary thing I am not sure I would go that route.

kratz

You definitely seem to get what you pay for in a crossbow. Cheap ones seem really extra load and not as accurate in my experience. Lots of good package setups in the $750-900 range from reputable companies. I've had good luck with Stryker, Excallibur and TenPoint but I'm sure there are lots of other good brands out there I haven't tried. The Stryker especially has a really nice trigger, best one I've ever shot.

ive had a complete elbow reconstruction and I now shoot a crossbow. I have had a Barnett preadator 375. I had it chronographed at 384 fps, and it shoot tight groups. I bought it a year old for fairly cheap and really like it. i shot my first deer with it last year and am very pleased.

I would avoid the PSE TAC line. They are an amazing device when they're working, but I've gone through two of them now each with less than a hundred or so shots. I carry a 4-6 inch group at 100 yards with it (not that I would ever take a shot at a deer at that distance), but now every time I shoot I'm afraid it's going to blow up. To PSE's credit, no hassle in the warranty process but it took about 4 weeks for repair... Would not be timely if it happened around October 15.

I would look at the Scorpyd line.

Top Bottom