Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Throwback poster

dblmainbeam

Mine just fell off the wall the other day. I wish they still made them.
773-img_29100232166350.jpeg

I have three framed and hanging within sight right now, but I know at least one is "bootleg".

If memory serves me right, Limb commented that "you guys kill a lot of deer" when that era was ending. There were too many deer harvested by site members to include on a reasonable poster.

Maybe we are getting back to a more manageable number of deer harvested for this poster to be reincarnated. :confused:

It could be a PMA member only benifit. Maybe it was back then. Or a contest. I look like a little kid. They are sure fun to look at. I only have two years. One is still rolled up.

I was PMA back then, but they were also available for purchase via the IW on-line store (defunct?) and at the IW booth at the Iowa Whitetail Classic in DSM.

I don't know what year my other one is but its boxed up and I don't feel like digging. Think I could talk you into posting pics of them. I probably didn't kill a deer every year and didn't get the posters. I'd like to see them though.

Think I could talk you into posting pics of them. I probably didn't kill a deer every year and didn't get the posters. I'd like to see them though.

No way a picture taken with a camera/cell phone would give the resolution needed to identify someone in the poster. Thus, I could post pics, but it would be an exercise in futility....

If memory serves me right, Limb commented that "you guys kill a lot of deer" when that era was ending. There were too many deer harvested by site members to include on a reasonable poster. Maybe we are getting back to a more manageable number of deer harvested for this poster to be reincarnated. :confused:

Not sure when I said that.

I will post the actual file of the poster that was done as I created it and actually just ran across it the other day.

Not sure when I said that.

I will post the actual file of the poster that was done as I created it and actually just ran across it the other day.

"THE" poster? How many years was there an "official" IW poster?

I think one I have was put together by JKratz.

Here's what I have hanging. The one on top has 2005 in the footer, lower left has 2006, lower right doesn't have a year but BJohnson has his 200" freak in it.

I think that was kind of the problem; cost to print/sale price versus numbers sold. But I could be wrong. If it was a money losing promo, I understand why it ended.

Correct. It got pretty pricey. :) but with digital printing coming quite a ways since then may have to look into it again. Not sure those kinds of numbers would be there again.

Top Bottom