Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ticks

Fear? No fear. Ticks and Chiggers a dern nuisance. Ticks however are to be feared. Lime disease dont ya know. I know. I use the P spray. I have the tick resistant clothes. I still like to get my fruit tree pruning and locus sprout and brush cutting done in the fields before they come out. Not to mention the prolific sweating when temps are warm.

Permethrin treated clothes- all parts- treat, hang & store & ticks will be non issue.

Sorry to disagree. I do exactly that. Works but not a sure thing. Still got a couple bites last Summer. Also it does not work so well with Chiggers. A few still find a way onto me. Maybe just me. Just hate to have to bother with all that so early. I even douse my body with Skin so Soft oil. Avon product. This helps. Helps with black flies too. Another biting pest.

Permethrin treated clothes- all parts- treat, hang & store & ticks will be non issue.

I do that as well. Question - do you just treat many sets of work clothes (or even all of them)? Seems like for guys who work outside nearly daily, it's almost a must for pretty much everything to be treated. Or a least have a large batch of clothes always ready. Thought I recall them saying to retreat every 6 washings. I know you sure can't smell the product on the clothes after a washing or 2.

Same. Several sets and I retreat after a couple washes. It’s the dryer that’s hard on permethrin so if u hang dry and store right when dry- would last longer. Dryer & UV light are 2 things that degrade it. Every couple washes retreat as costs so little & tick free. With how often I’m outdoors (pretty much daily) - IMO- ticking time bomb on getting lymes disease if i didn’t treat clothes.

Insect Shield and Gamehide sell impregnated clothing good for 70 washes. You can even send clothing to Insect Shield and they'll treat it for you. Haven't hit 70 washings yet, but after 3 years, they're still going strong.

Insect Shield and Gamehide sell impregnated clothing good for 70 washes. You can even send clothing to Insect Shield and they'll treat it for you. Haven't hit 70 washings yet, but after 3 years, they're still going strong.

Huh? I did not know such a thing existed, thanks for the tip!

Gosh, I didn't know that you could wash them up and still be good.
I usually sprayed all my Turkey hunting clothes and wore them for every outdoors/ woods activities.

May not of smelled great, but that's how it went down.......

I am really considering getting some the elimitick clothing for myself and boys but man that stuff is pricey. Any thoughts on whether its worth the cost or is it just as good to spray cloths down the permethrin?

I am really considering getting some the elimitick clothing for myself and boys but man that stuff is pricey. Any thoughts on whether its worth the cost or is it just as good to spray cloths down the permethrin?

I can't comment on the elimitick clothing as I have not used it. But simply spraying permethrin on my jeans and boots has worked very well for us.

A buddy had that Elimitick clothing and it worked great but said you could immediately tell when it had been washed or dried too much and was no longer effective. Personally I like the permethrin route and just apply often because it's cheap. Plus that way ya dont have to worry about only having one set of hunting or farm work clothes.

That is true. Plus they don't have youth sizes. Think I will just stick with hanging them out and spraying them down. I also started spraying down my double bull during turkey season. I am probably overly anal but I hate ticks with a passion.

Elimitick has worked awesome for both my dad and I for the last 3 years. Used to always get them where we hunt, haven’t had a single one on me in years with the stuff. I only wash them a few times a year to ensure I don’t remove the resistant chemicals. It cost me 100 bucks for a full suit. I use it everytime I check trail cams and turkey hunt. I’m sold for life

Elimitick has worked awesome for both my dad and I for the last 3 years. Used to always get them where we hunt, haven’t had a single one on me in years with the stuff. I only wash them a few times a year to ensure I don’t remove the resistant chemicals. It cost me 100 bucks for a full suit. I use it everytime I check trail cams and turkey hunt. I’m sold for life

Top Bottom