Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Timber harvest ?

I just met with Robert Watson about possibly doing mine. Seemed like a real nice guy. A buddy used him a few years ago and was real happy with him. 641-414-4410

Don’t have a hoist but a set of aluminum atv ramps works wonders. Started doing that awhile back and wondered why I have been such an idiot in the past.

Private foresters who are “top notch” who conservatively mark timber. References like above are what u want. Also- here’s one more below. Get bids!!!!! Paying a forester 10% is a no Brainer for 99% of folks.

Luke, Prudenterra forestry: (515) 451-1202

As Sligh said getting a forester to select and measure trees and send offers for bids to several loggers is worth it. We got bids from a low of 35k to high of 65k

Contact your district forester, I think Jeremy Cocharan is in central Iowa. They will have a list of recommendations, one of them is the old district forester. A couple neighbors used him a few years ago and were very happy with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the fellow you are referring to last fall and was very pleased. If you want more info pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

been thinking about doing this for many years, curious for those who have done it....are the areas where cutting and dragging out timber really unmanageable after a timber harvest? I used to cut down trees for firewood and noticed those areas of high disturbance grew back with nasty/thick stuff in subsequent years....it makes me wonder what a timber harvest would do especially where retrieving the timber would be tough at my place

Use a forester! I had a logger come in, mark the trees, we agreed to what he'd take. When I got back to the farm to see what he did, he cut 1, yes one, of the trees we agreed to, and took my best trees, and he was packed up and long gone by the time I got back to check on progress.
There's some shady loggers out there, use a forester who can oversee the work while it's being done. Never again will I not use a forester....

Use a forester! I had a logger come in, mark the trees, we agreed to what he'd take. When I got back to the farm to see what he did, he cut 1, yes one, of the trees we agreed to, and took my best trees, and he was packed up and long gone by the time I got back to check on progress.
There's some shady loggers out there, use a forester who can oversee the work while it's being done. Never again will I not use a forester....
Did you take him to court ?

Wasn't worth my peace. It caught up to him a few years later, neighbor had him harvest and he went on the next door neighbors place who did take him to court. Heard he cut 30k worth of timber on that neighbor. don't know what he ended up paying for that theft.
Hopefully he ended up with a felony record and a reputation that follows him.

Wasn't worth my peace. It caught up to him a few years later, neighbor had him harvest and he went on the next door neighbors place who did take him to court. Heard he cut 30k worth of timber on that neighbor. don't know what he ended up paying for that theft.
Hopefully he ended up with a felony record and a reputation that follows him.
Yikes!!! That guys name needs to get out there!!!! Leave reviews or spread the word so others don’t get burnt! at that rate- the guy probably is in jail!!

Top Bottom