Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tough question

Thinkin Rut

PMA Member
It's November 4th, you are a conservative, nothing has changed in the Iowa Whitetail world...it's fading fast. Do you vote for the Liberal or Branstad? It's Branstad all day long for me.

With everything going on, this is all I can think of :)

827c59bbd222658f43d8c79011e19df79a663a743f9b44ca42a52eb1542fa281.jpg

Last edited:
The conservative hunter gets my vote. Yeah we may have some issues with the tag quotas but those issues will be just as bad, if not worse with any other governor. Especially if you got someone in the seat who doesn't care about hunting...

No one gets my vote or loses my vote just because of the letter behind their name. No one that gets my vote one election is guaranteed my vote the next. This automatic blind loyalty to one party or the other is holding back our country. I wish there was a competitive third choice.
While it is unlikely that the dems will put up someone I could support I have no idea who their potential candidates are so I can't say a thing about them yet.

Anybody catch the interview Bill Winke did with Branstad? Its on Winke's site today. I get the feeling his allegiance lies with 1.FB 2. Insurance companies 3.Opening things up for NRs in the name of economic activity. Can't get more Republican than that. I'm a life-long R, farmer, and FB member but my mind isn't made up, that's for sure.

Between my dad, me and my son we didn't fill six any sex tags this year. I shot 5 does in the city and filled my bonus any sex tag in the city urban hunt but I ate my statewide bow, my landowner anysex shot gun tag and my late season any sex muzzleloader tag.

While I have a strong passion for the recreational activity we all enjoy called deer hunting, my vote in Nov is dictated by positions on issues much more substantial to my family and the country than deer hunting.

I am not at all pleased with the trends in deer herd numbers we are currently experiencing in Iowa. However, I am much more concerned about the trends in the dependency society we are allowing and in some cases fostering in this nation and the long-term financial consequences to the future taxpayers of this nation (my children).

It's deer hunting guys and gals. Voice your concerns to those who influence the future (legislators, regulatory agencies, fellow hunters, etc) but keep it in perspective.

OK, I'll get down from my soapbox now.

While I have a strong passion for the recreational activity we all enjoy called deer hunting, my vote in Nov is dictated by positions on issues much more substantial to my family and the country than deer hunting.

I am not at all pleased with the trends in deer herd numbers we are currently experiencing in Iowa. However, I am much more concerned about the trends in the dependency society we are allowing and in some cases fostering in this nation and the long-term financial consequences to the future taxpayers of this nation (my children).

It's deer hunting guys and gals. Voice your concerns to those who influence the future (legislators, regulatory agencies, fellow hunters, etc) but keep it in perspective.

Great Post Brent!!!

I agree. To read a lot of my posts lately you would think it's my most pressing concern.

BOOM! Very well said IMO. I am not happy with the way Brandstad has overridden the DNR at all, and I love to hunt as much as anyone else on this site, BUT...I will not be a "single issue voter" on deer hunting of all things.

Before folks cast their vote against Brandstad, I truly hope they know the position that his opponent holds on this and other key topics, as you may really be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

BJohnson for Governor!!!!

BOOM! Very well said IMO. I am not happy with the way Brandstad has overridden the DNR at all, and I love to hunt as much as anyone else on this site, BUT...I will not be a "single issue voter" on deer hunting of all things. Before folks cast their vote against Brandstad, I truly hope they know the position that his opponent holds on this and other key topics, as you may really be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. BJohnson for Governor!!!!

Yep I said that in another thread. There's a fox in the hen house but in all liklihood the alternative is the wolf!

Urban hunting is not all it's cracked up to be here any more. It's the only place i would let myself shoot does this year and I almost feel bad about that.

Top Bottom