Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tough Week

fatboy

This is the week that I mostly take off to hunt, but due to some health issues with my younger son my heart is not in it this year. I never even hung any stands or contacted a new land owner in one of the best counties in the state to follow up hunting his farm. My son has been poked and prodded more the last few months, but after a trip to Iowa City on Monday we have some answers and treatments that we have been looking for several years. If you were to meet him you would never know he has been sick and always has a smile on his face. I enjoy reading the harvest report everyday and congrats to those who have filled their tags and good luck to those who are still out there. This is the first time in 25 years since I got out of the Army that I have not been out hunting something. :(

Good luck getting him healty. Going through that stuff takes just about everything out of ya. You are right...places like this site are great to "get away" for awhile. Best wishes to you and your family. :way:

Prayers are going out to you and your little guy. Sometimes a quiet sit in a tree can help clear your mind. Good therapy!

I would agree 100% Take care of your little guy.... He'll give you more memories than any deer you would have harvested this year.

I agree with Deeraddict and Kam582. I'd be lost without my little ones. You and your family will definitely be in our prayers! Good luck.

Yeh, what they said. Don't stress about the stupid deer. We went through serious health issues with one of our kids a few years ago. If you ever want to talk give me call.

Prayers for you and your family! Once he is healthy...hopefully he can join you in the tree and make a memory together! Hoping and wishing for the best!

Fatboy I know what you're going thru. When my little hunting buddy was 11 he was all of a sudden one day paralyzed from the neck down. It is a very trying and emotional time in ones life, if a person has not gone thru something like this you could never quite fully understand how difficult a situation it is to be in. Your thoughts of hunting and whatever other hobbies you pursue are the furthest thing from your mind. I personally didnt think, nor did I even want to hunt ever again if he couldn't share it with me. So hang in there and stay strong for the family, they need you and please everyone pray for this mans child. I've always believed in Him but when this happened to my son it tested those beliefs and in the end it has made all of my families beliefs much stronger than ever before.
PS, my son made a full recovery and if you didnt know him you wouldnt know he was ever paralyzed, 9 years ago. There is a GOD.

Best wishes for you all!! The folk in I.C are some of the best in the world!! Your son could not be in better hands!!:way::way::way::way::way:

Top Bottom