Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail Cam and Stand Positioning

doublebrow

"You Cant Fix Stupid"
Here's where i'm hunting this year along the Iowa River. I tagged where my camera's are and stands but am very open to advice cause i dont know everything. The red outline is property border line of where i can hunt otherwise open range

ProsserGround-1.png

Last edited:
good work of covering the roads. but you forgot one on the bottom right. just a heads up. its easy to google where this is at. might want to cover it up. and the GPS coordinates on the bottom.

i would have a stand in the middle of that finger that looks to be where i think alot of the bucks will be during the rut wind checking scrapes along the fields just a thought

I agree with HIllbilly. I would also look at moving stand 2 up just abit so if they decide to go around what looks like water you have an opportunity to let the arrow fly.

They go northwest to those Grain bins NW of you after the snow flies. Usually looks like a cowpath in the middle of that field. That is a good stretch of river. I have also seen a few good bucks out in the stalks with the cattle to the east when they put them out in the winter.

It's so thick in the middle of that finger of trees I kinda leave that as a resting area but like i said i have no clue just think i'm lucky that i get a deer every year i'm not a horn hunter but enjoy the chance at a nice deer but happy with whatever as long as it's not tag soup.
Thanks for letting me know i left the GPS coordinates what a dummy. Gundog870 do you live around there?

I cant be much help i dont think as most of the timber I hunt is a lot bigger then what you have there. But if we experience a warm rut and it stays dry I would think along the river would be a good position but that is just a guess.

Top Bottom