Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

trapping

I want a bobcat and an otter, plus I want to put a big dent in the coyote population! :way:

I caught my first Bobcat Tuesday, an 18lb female. The coon have been slow for us and everybody we have talked to says the same.

I can't seem to remember to take pics latley and I've been in a hurry to check traps and get to work on time... with tommorow beimg saturday il try and upload some sets.

Last edited:
anyone have new pics? I am not a trapper but find this thread very interesting and enjoy seeing all the animals that you get!

Have been having a lot of traps stole! So i kind of have been a little mad while checking and haven't been taking to many pics.

that sucks- sorry to hear that- I would put a trail camera off looking at a few traps. Some people need to get a life and stop stealing other peoples items-

Here are a couple photos from today that I managed to get on our private land traps that I could check in the daylight after hunting.
Is he dead?
20131115_115144_zps9e7a17c7.jpg

Nope just sleepin...
20131115_115155_zpsc8562584.jpg

Both of these were big boars. These two alone will pay for most of the supplies I bought this year.
20131116_102923_zpsd788fa6c.jpg

Pulled most of the water sets. Might throw some back in if we get another warm up, or if we want to try for an otter around Thanksgiving. Still running some dp's and snares and still catching fur. Had this guy this morning.
20131119_080825_zps41a854ad.jpg

My brother pulled all the coon hides out to thaw. Now the fun begins scraping-flesching-and stretchin them. 90 coon total. He has pulled most of his traps accept our home farm.

picture.php

Most of the coon sets are Pulled... Had a few mink sets out last night and managed to get the first one of the year, and give me a little more ambition to start setting for mink heavily...shedhunter, sounds like you two had a pretty successful year!

Brother traps, and man he puts a lot of time into it, escpecially the preperation to sell. Good Luck selling them guys!!

just thought id upload some more pics.

first mink of the year measures around 20 inches

A set in a run with a 330

result

This is the beaver I pulled out of the run, one of the biggest ones I caught this year, probably weighed right around 45-50 pounds,

I think I took this pic a couple days after opener but not quite sure.

I have caught just about everything im after except a otter...That could be a couple more years though!

Love seeing the pictures guys. I hope you can get the furs sold. The buyers around here have closed up shop as the prices have plummeted and they are now in a pickle.

Top Bottom