Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree spade

Wi transplant

PMA Member
I'm looking for something with a tree spade on a skidsteer to hire for a day I would like to move some trees around my farm ? Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I called cat rentals and they wanted almost 900 a day for tracksteer with spade. Thought if I gotta pay that kinda money it would come with an experienced operator and get alot more trees moved .

If you get it on a Friday afternoon can you pay the 1 day fee and return on Monday morning? I have done that before with other types of equipment in different areas.

$200 a day is not bad at all.

$900 a day is expensive!!! & u put fuel, transporting & labor into it. Wow.....
So- I have a skid steer & spade. Say I ran it for a 12 hour day... if I charged $100/hour that’s $1200 of course. $1800 @ $150/hour. Just thinking out loud & that makes a $900 rental look very expensive vs hiring someone.

here’s long term thought- if u could buy a reasonably priced pull behind or one for skid steer - could use it non stop til u r done with it. Then sell it for maybe lil less than u paid & minus repairs u put into it.

some good brands out there and some JUNK ones too I’d avoid if anyone is going to buy one.

I have more than one person that I hire for $100 for skid steer work and it includes some very expensive forestry attachments. Thats all in. Rental rate for bare machine seems way too high.

I got one for the day back in wi and only cost me 500 for 8 hrs he moved alot of trees for me .

Top Bottom