Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey Broadheads

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntyak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Sledgehammer, now called the Turkey Tomahawk By Trophy Ridge is truly devastating. I have shot birds with hammerheads, GG, steelheads and TT and the tomahawk really knocks em on their tail. </div></div>

I just bought some of these this weekend in the 125 grain size. They claim they have a 2 3/4 inch cutting diameter. How do you know which "groove" to put your rubber o-ring in? Do you want it in the slot closest to the insert? I am giving up on my old deer hunting broadheads for turks after loosing a big boy on a pass through last week. Hope these get me back in the game!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put the o ring on the first slot (closes to the base of the broadhead). </div></div>

Thanks Nanny! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<span style='font-size: 26pt'> Switch to 2009 </span>

Okay, so how many people will be using Rage 2 blade this year?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtech_hawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I plan on using my rage two blades for the upcoming season. Anyone else had any luck with them on birds? </div></div>

They work beautifully! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Shot a bird last year with slick trick dead right away but this year had the same as Skully. after loosing a big boy friday with my slick tricks I switched to a 3 blade Grim Reaper. Shot a bird sat. the wound path was ridiculous. I am hooked on them for birds but will stick with the slick tricks for everything else.

How many people shoot through the mesh with mechanicals? Is there any that are absolute a no no to shoot through or any that work better than others?

Because of the position of the bird I ended up shooting the grim reaper through the mesh. seemed to work.

How will a rage 3 blade work to thwack and stack an Iowa thunderbird? They are the same ones I use for deer. Hoping to stick one in the morning. Also shooting a bow at 300 fps, will it keep the blades from opening?

Top Bottom