Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey Broadheads

Expensive, but worth it.
grin.gif
Only problem is carrying them out, just a little bit of blood.

411Decapitation.jpg

I was just gonna ask where that pic was. Gotta love it! would of loved to see that on cam in slow motion.

4919DSC02614-med.JPG

with a little bit of work you can easily make a quiver for your gobbler guillotines and they arent so difficult to carry to and from the field.

my roommate made this one

he just used his current quiver, a wood box, and some foam from a package we got.

That looks pretty slick Josh. I hope you and JD lay the smackdown on a couple gobblers this year!

Looks like it'd work, but also looks like you need a midget to carry it for you. Will you hook it to your bow or do you carry it seperate? Looks bulky.

Here's how I do it. I put the GG together at home and put an insert down on the broadhead, keeping all the blades in place. I then put the GG into a cool whip container and when I get to the blind I simply put the whole thing into the arrow. I don't glue the insert, it fits snug enough that I'm not worried about it falling out and I can remove it so I can safely walk in and out.

[ QUOTE ]
Here's how I do it. I put the GG together at home and put an insert down on the broadhead, keeping all the blades in place. I then put the GG into a cool whip container and when I get to the blind I simply put the whole thing into the arrow. I don't glue the insert, it fits snug enough that I'm not worried about it falling out and I can remove it so I can safely walk in and out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that..... is pretty nifty. Good idea.
waytogo.gif

We just use our muzzy deer hunting broadheads on all of our hunts including turkey. They work just great and we are not out buying specialty heads for certain species. Nice to have a pretty pic of the bird without its' head missing too.
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
We just use our muzzy deer hunting broadheads on all of our hunts including turkey. They work just great and we are not out buying specialty heads for certain species. Nice to have a pretty pic of the bird without its' head missing too.
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In my defense, only ONE of my birds was actually disconnected from its head.
cool.gif
GG just makes it easier to do the head shot, little more room for error. The Rocket MiniBlaster does a good job too.

411FallBird1_11-03-med.JPG

New broadhead to throw up, just a few months late. I used to play with the 4 bladed Hammerheads but had some issues with them penetrating through the entire bird. Went to 3 bladed Hammerheads and they've done nothing but annhilate things, be it turkey, deer, or whatever. This pic is of my second bird last spring. Arrow went all the way through and this is the exit hole. My other birds exit wound was similarly shaped. Both birds were down in under 10 seconds.

411hole.JPG

anybody try the gobblergetter? 3 blade, pretty decent cut width, but the tip is slightly blunted, more shock, less penetration. looks like a decent head

The Sledgehammer, now called the Turkey Tomahawk By Trophy Ridge is truly devastating. I have shot birds with hammerheads, GG, steelheads and TT and the tomahawk really knocks em on their tail. After chasing them exclusively with a bow for a decade now,give them all the credit in the world and shot the BIGGEST-MOst Accurate combo you can..believe me..they are tough as nails!!!!!!!! Spring is on the way...can't wait!

Anybody ever try Slick Tricks for turkeys? After using them for deer this year I'm hooked on them. Haven't tried them for gobblers yet though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody ever try Slick Tricks for turkeys? After using them for deer this year I'm hooked on them. Haven't tried them for gobblers yet though. </div></div>

Never tried them and dont know anyone who is using them. Whack a bird and post a picture of the damage they make, I'd be curious to see it.

I know a guy that used the Terror last week in Nebraska and he said it was a great head,... tore the bird up.
He used to use old spitfires that he shot a deer with and claimed he'd never use anything different.
I guess they changed his mind.

Muddy,
After seeing your pic with the Hammerheads, I dropped the idea of the Slick Tricks and went with the Hammerhead instead. I ended up putting two into him just to be safe, and because I had the opportunity, but they did a great job. I've found my head of choice unless somebody comes up with some really compelling evidence to make me switch. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom