Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey stake carrier

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
I made this over my lunch hr today, for carrying my 4 Dave Smith Decoys. Pipe foam insulation, spray paint can cap, duct tape, and folding chair sack. Carrier is quiet and protects my deke bags and dekes.

2011-03-18_11-15-55_816.jpg

2011-03-18_11-17-00_61.jpg

2011-03-18_11-25-25_393.jpg

2011-03-18_11-26-15_47.jpg

2011-03-18_11-26-35_978.jpg

modify

You could switch out that paint can cap for a pvc cap. I just can't see that cap holding up to much. Those things crack soo easy. Just saying:rolleyes: Looks like you have been busy at lunch. Trying to keep youre mind off food?

spencer52356 said:
You could switch out that paint can cap for a pvc cap. I just can't see that cap holding up to much. Those things crack soo easy. Just saying:rolleyes: Looks like you have been busy at lunch. Trying to keep youre mind off food?

I think it is bulletproof with the duct tape reinforcement. Pvc cap would be great. I already had the pipe foam and cap. Pipe foam makes for quiet loading/unloading of stakes.

Why are you using the stakes Don? They are too heavy. We use old carbon arrows with pin knocks and they are perfect. I also used the tube insulation but just used camo tape on the end and it works great the rubber washer keeps them in place.

This is how bright I am...... I use an old carbon arrow for my breeder stake that made for my DSD but didnt think to use one for a normal stake.

Thanks for holding out Limb:thrwrck:

Why are you using the stakes Don? They are too heavy. We use old carbon arrows with pin knocks and they are perfect. I also used the tube insulation but just used camo tape on the end and it works great the rubber washer keeps them in place.
Thanks Limb, didn't even consider carbon arrows. Thanks!

Top Bottom