Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Two of a Kind

Field Service

After doing my duties around the house this weekend, I slipped down to the property for a little R&R. I had picked up some corn and beans that morning thinking I was going to replant after a big rain and resulting thick crust. After checking the plots, it looks like 3 of the 4 are going to be okay. I decided to wrench on the new D14 a bit and install a 3pt hitch. I was 2 Miller Lites (& 1 skinned knuckle) into the job when the neighbor pulled up on his dad’s D14 to do a little mowing on his side of the fence. I waved him in and took a couple pictures for the heck of it. It’s not every day you find two of these on a dead end gravel road… It’s amazing how well stuff was built back then, 51 years old and still purring along.

P1010512.jpg

P1010513.jpg

P1010515.jpg

D17 series IV is my dream tractor. They put a factory 3 pt and live hydraulics on that one... I'd trade both my tractors for one of those.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Field Service</div><div class="ubbcode-body">D17 series IV is my dream tractor. They put a factory 3 pt and live hydraulics on that one... I'd trade both my tractors for one of those. </div></div>

I agree! My old series III kicked my arse this weekend. That power steering sure would be nice. I have found some hellish deals on 3 point equip and am limited to my two point set up. Just can't see spending half of what I paid for the tractor to get 3-point. I love my old "COOPER", but I can see a newer hydro tractor in my future. I tease the wife that my mid-life crisis won't be a Harley, but a new tractor. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Skully you need a 3pt conversion. Tell the wife the conversion (and a couple implements) will hold of the mid-life awhile longer. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

There is a place in Mt. Pleasant that sells them at a decent price. I have seen the really high end ones (anti-sway bars) listed for 900, but these are almost as nice and are in the 350 range. Or if you know someone with welding skills I have a great pattern!

Guess I lucked out with the PS, live hydraulics is what I miss...

I can't remember the guy's name but maybe Muddy will know- big AC guy north of Maquoketa. He has everything, acres of parts tractors and some running for sale. Had a series IV D-17 with a loader all picked out and ready for delivery once and I backed out of it. Probably dumbest thing I ever did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pharmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't remember the guy's name but maybe Muddy will know- big AC guy north of Maquoketa. He has everything, acres of parts tractors and some running for sale. Had a series IV D-17 with a loader all picked out and ready for delivery once and I backed out of it. Probably dumbest thing I ever did. </div></div>

I don't know who would be on the Caves road, but there is a HUGE tractor parts place in Monmouth owned by the Franzen Family.

Nope- NE of town somewhere. He was a sheriff's deputy but I think about to retire. It was about a 1 beer ride from in town if that gives you a reference for distance. I think we turned east out by the new visitor center north of town.

Two happiest days were buying the dozer and selling the dozer. You can laugh at locust trees though while pushing them out.

Guys name is Bill Deppe & he is now retired. I can get a phone number if anyone is interested.
Maggs

Top Bottom