Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Updated 2020 new pond thread

I got out on the water to get some more pictures down in the west end .
Resized_20210817_141029.jpeg
The above picture is looking back at the dam.
Resized_20210817_140936.jpeg
The above picture shows the west end where the water comes from the west silt basin.
Resized_20210817_140929.jpeg
The above picture is looking towards where the water comes in from the north silt basin.
Resized_20210817_140738.jpeg

That is a dream pond, beautiful! I am envious, been a dream of mine but I don't have a good location to put one. Excited to see what you pull out of there in a couple years, well done!

Pretty neat to see this from start to finish. Like many have said before this is a dream that I hope to one day get to fulfill!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a long time since I updated this thread. The pond got full and has been going out the overflow tube since late August. We got the rest of our fish stocked last fall. Bluegills that we stocked last spring have grown a lot in a short time. We trenched in power close to the pond because my parents are going to build a cabin there next year. We have an aeration system here that we need to install still. We were feeding the fish with one feeder last year, but bought 2 more feeders to use this year. And have the district Forrester coming in the next couple weeks to figure out planting trees and brush to thicken up the timber. It's all coming together and I couldn't be more excited about it all.

Top Bottom