Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

USDA/NRCS announcements…

We asked at our county nrcs about using REAP money to plant trees in our pasture and they looked at us like we were speaking a foreign language. Not really sure where to go from there. Maybe we need to contact or district forester instead of the nrcs. We probably need the foresters help anyways because we have no idea what to plant, just want to make good winter cover so the deer will want to stay over the winter.

We asked at our county nrcs about using REAP money to plant trees in our pasture and they looked at us like we were speaking a foreign language. Not really sure where to go from there. Maybe we need to contact or district forester instead of the nrcs. We probably need the foresters help anyways because we have no idea what to plant, just want to make good winter cover so the deer will want to stay over the winter.
That’s crazy!!! They are loaded with funds right now!! (Most co’s)
Yes- get with forester. You can ask for 2 things: REAP or EQUIP. I personally think EQUIP is a better program for variety of reasons. Either one is fine though.
There’s several more options after those 2 if needed.

I figured it is because we are in benton county. Much more common for trees to be dozed out. Almost no trees planted here that aren't in someone's yard. Lol. Our county, besides the river bottom stuff is almost all tillable. Not a lot of timber ground. If we could grow bucks here like we can grow corn, we would really have something.

It can be beneficial to hire a consultant to look into programs and push the issue. Some of the NRCS employees just don’t know the options…

I’ve had them say it won’t qualify, then we do the research and find out it does qualify.

Top Bottom