Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Using Drones

eiowaarcher

Someone asked me yesterday if you were allowed to use a drone to recover a wounded/dead deer? Say search a ag field or crp. I didn’t have an answer so I’m asking here. Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm...I haven't thought about this before. Suppose a deer went into a standing cornfield or switchgrass field...if you flew over it soon enough are there any drones that sense body heat?

I think it could get tricky. If its a wounded deer, and you have plans to go shoot it again, technically that sounds a lot like using it for hunting. The regs are pretty vague on this in iowa, but i wouldn’t mess with it, even though it could be a great tool if used ethically.

There was a runaway "troublemaker" kid hiding in a swampy area near my hometown, and they flew over it with a heat seeking drone or thermal drone and found the little shit in no time!

A drone used to locate deer is no different than a camera sending you an immediate picture on your phone letting you know where a deer is at real time, or pretty darn close to real time.

A drone used to locate deer is no different than a camera sending you an immediate picture on your phone letting you know where a deer is at real time, or pretty darn close to real time.

I think the big difference is that the camera is stationary and the deer has to come to it where a drone is mobile and can "hunt" down animals

Top Bottom