Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

VERY, VERY MAD!!!!!

Split_G3
you know it still seems to blow my mind each year how stupid and disrespectful some people and some hunters can be. this past late spring, early summer, my brother in law and i put in some serious time making a food plot, using the most amazing deer feed in the world, BRASSICAS.

we had planted 3 1/2 acres of the most beautiful, plush, green field of brassicas you'd ever see.(we really did our homework on this feed) we were making this food plot on the piece of property, where "BRUTUS" roamed all last year. we were doing so, so that we could make sure that "BRUTUS JR." stayed in there this year, for this year we felt we had a better devised ambush plan, hoping atleast a shot for one of us.

well i haven't been able to check the field since about a month and a half after planting, due to building a new home, but up until abou 2 weeks ago my brother-in-law had been keeping close tabs on the field and taking proper care, with 2 sightings of "BRUTUS JR.", who has according to my brother-in-law grown to be a 7X7 with approximately a 30 inch spread.

last night i got to check the field for the first time, it had been 2 weeks since my brother in law had been back to it due to the fact of a hectic work schedule. i had my video camera in hand ready for action and "BRUTUS JR.". as i drove my 4 wheeler back to the field, my heart sank. some idiot had driven there 4 wheeler and truck through every square inch of my brassicas field
cussing.gif
smileys-wut.gif
cussing.gif
smileys-wut.gif
there probably isn't even 25 square feet of the 3 1/2 acre field left. it appears as though they had done it more then once, possibly multiple 4 wheelers.

i can't even begin to tell you how pissed off i am over this. i poured alot of money into this field, took a lot of grief from the wife, and felt like it was a sure thing that one of us would get a shot at "BRUTUS JR.", and if dirtball makes the trip up this year he could have possibly had a chance.

i know this doesn't totally rule out one of us getting a shot, but it was an advantage we felt we had to score on him early, ya'll know what feeling i'm talking about. i guess some people and some hunters......................................
mad.gif
cussing.gif
smileys-wut.gif
the more i think about it the more i just get pissed so i am not going to waste anymore typing time on it, besides it's too long of a post anyway!!!!!!
mad.gif
cussing.gif
smileys-wut.gif
and yes just for the record there are suspects. sad thing is they have been close personal friends of mine for quite some time.

Pete
cussing.gif

That's what sucks about BIG BUCKS. I've seen big bucks ruin many friendships, and put families on non speaking terms, the whole bit. It's absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. sounds like somebody else wants that buck too. Or they just did it to plain piss you off, either way what a crappy deal. The buck will still be there, goodluck with him.
smile.gif

If it was intentional on their part to destroy the plot.....or for any matter, they could be held liable for damages to the property....assuming you or the landowner wants to pursue it.

I hate reading news like this! I hope they get caught and charged!

I hate to say it Split G3 but at this day in age you need to keep some things to yourself, especially where the big ones have been seen. If I see a big one I tell my brother and a couple buddies that I TRUST and that is it. Because of people like this! It is sad that you can't share that info but obviosly these people are not true friends. Sorry about your luck hopefully brutis Jr will stay put. I know you have spent a lot of money and time on the plot but it's not to late to throw out some buck forage oats
grin.gif

I certianly feel for you.. To put that much effort into something that you truely love and to have some a**h*** ruin it just plain sucks. Hope you still get a crack at brutis, good luck and I hope you catch them....

Top Bottom