• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email [email protected]

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Hunterra - Custom Hunting Property Maps

Veterans Day Same Tree Back to Back

Ishi

PMA Member
I shot a buck here last year on Veterans Day but it took a few months to finish the story after things went bad.
I hunted this tree a couple times already and seen deer but it requires a SW,W,NW wind. It’s super thick with only two shooting widows and visibility is very limited.
The tree only requires two sticks and the stand is 10-11 feet high and the shot in front is 8 yards max. The shot to the south is 20 yards but would only be good if a deer got by the first shooting lane as they would be quartering away.
Around sunrise a small buck was chasing a doe to the north but they turned around and went the way they came.
Half hour later a doe came running down the tunnel ridge lined with brush and cedar trees then the buck. He looked good and a decision had to be made in seconds. I drew the bow and when he was just about to get in the lane I hollered Hey and he locked up at 6 yards. The arrow hit money and I heard him crash out of eye site!
I was texting a buddy that tagged a couple days earlier and he offered to come and help on the carting out. While texting this youngster was doing his thing on the scrape.
893DF575-4855-42BA-A6BC-24D75D4A68AD.jpeg
This is the IW that I used on the reshaping thread and after I tune it up it’ll be ready for next year.
70C0E722-03D8-4F87-AFB0-8C30C71DE0E7.jpeg
I wish I had a do over but it happened fast!
Still very happy on a successful season and a clean kill!
The last few years hunting the way I do has been getting harder but after I heard him crash a good series of the teeth chattering shakes and fist pumping I should be good for a few more years.
C65F235B-85A0-4606-B8AE-4B60C6B4A325.jpeg

AF1ED513-DCB8-47CF-A272-49525CACC466.jpeg

Last edited:

Rjack

A clean kill and a big dump of adrenaline sounds like a very successful hunt Ishi. Nice buck and cool story with back-to-back kills from the same tree.

cybball

PMA Member
That is why I bowhunt deer. That feeling. Thanks for sharing and congrats on a great shot and really nice buck!

Gus

Tough to beat early morning excitement like that. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windlooker

Great buck. I hear ya on the do over, but an archery buck is special. It’s a 30 yard and closer game, very difficult to accomplish as you know.

About this Discussion

Top Bottom