Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vexilar or Marcum

blakesburg

PMA Member
Looking for a vexilar fl8 or 12 or a Marcum. Thought maybe someone on here may have on laying around they don't use any more. Thanks

Rich they sell refurbished ones on vexilars website. I bought a fl12 on there 2 yrs ago, and no problems with it so far.

Went on a trip to devil's lake earlier this year, and we had vexilars (8, 18, and a 20) and a humminbird ice 55. I would say having the them side by side, I preferred using the humminbird. No experience with Marcum. I have the FL8 and it works fine.

I just bought a fl-8 this season and I couldn't be happier with it. I got into flashers by using a Marcum Lx5. Obviously the marcum is a better unit but $250 difference. The dial on the marcum has a little bigger display and it seems to show more separation. When I fish next to my buddy, his unit vs. mine, I do not think it makes much difference in the shallow lakes. But if you are in deeper water you'll want the extra juice. Also my fl-8 is LOUD, I mean that things sounds like it is about to lift off sometimes. The marcum, not a peep out of it
If I could I would go with the marcum but if you are on a budget a fl-8 gets the job done. I have never used a hummingbird or the Showdown's. There is a lot of good ones out there, my suggestion is to search around for videos comparing units on YouTube. Good luck and tight lines

Vexilar all the way!!

I know the owner he is an electronic genius!! They outsell the competition 10-1 maybe more.

Check out there new line, incredible!

I have had my vex fl18 for about 8 or 9 years. I love it and have never had a problem with it. My buddy just bought a marcum...I laughed at him when it didn't work last weekend. He said it was to cold. Do yourself a favor...don't read anyone else's opinion and just buy a vexilar FL18.. you will not regret this purchase.

I have used vexilar, hummingbird and Marcum over the last 15 years. I own a Marcum LX7 and a Marcum LX6 and wouldn't buy anything else. Hands down the best unit in the Ice industry.

Another vote for Marcum. Fished next to a brand new Vex Fl-18 a while back and although it performed alright, it was terribly noisy. I have a lower line Marcum VX-1 and it performs right up there with the higher line Vex's without the extra noise.

I love the marcums also. I have never had any trouble in the 8 years I've had mine other then I have had to replace the battery.

I have had my vex fl18 for about 8 or 9 years. I love it and have never had a problem with it. My buddy just bought a marcum...I laughed at him when it didn't work last weekend. He said it was to cold. Do yourself a favor...don't read anyone else's opinion and just buy a vexilar FL18.. you will not regret this purchase.

I have fished with my lx6 and lx7 in sub zero temps in canada with no issues of unit not turning on because its too cold. never heard of it. You buying a flasher is going to depend on what you really want it to do. If you just go out every once in a while and fish farm ponds or rivers then anything will work. If your going to be fishing lake with some depth 30 plus feet then you are going to want a unit that has a zoom function to help you "dial" in your bait and see what the fish are doing. the higher end Marcums have adjustable zoom which will let you zoom in any 10ft. of the water column that you are seeing fish with a simple push of the button. Marcums also have new firmware updates from the company when they come out with something new that you can download free from the computer rather than going out and having to buy a new flasher. Your decision on buying a new unit should depend on what you want it to do for your type of fishing.

Top Bottom