Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Views from the stand 2022-23

c1a7a1a22bd756290e8531a3455fe021.jpg

I see a full moon rising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 123421
So far I have hunted just one evening, an early muzzy sit. I took this pic on that evening, 10/17/22. This pic is looking NNW and is in the center of my farm. There is an access lane visible at the spine of the ridge, it bisects two long narrow food plots. We had another droughty summer, so the plots are looking a little puny, but there is enough there that the deer are actively hitting it.

View attachment 123422
This was the first buck out that night, I passed him. He is an 8 point, right at 152". We think he was 5, perhaps even 6. A neighbor shot him about 1 week after this appearance.
Y’all pass what I would love to shoot. Great job doing so. Sorry your neighbor popped him.

South/Middle Georgia. Dooly county. We have some good deer and produce a Booner occasionally but nothing like you guys have up that way.

Attachments

• 30DD7185-861D-4956-B478-8D039EC594EA.jpeg
    30DD7185-861D-4956-B478-8D039EC594EA.jpeg
    468.7 KB · Views: 24
I was hoping to contribute some good pics this year, but jacked my dang back up bad yesterday and am pretty sure my season is over. Was really looking forward to getting out this weekend. Good luck everybody.
Good luck. I will pray for you. I ruptured l4 and l5 11 years ago. Back pain is no joke. Good luck from Georgia.

Y’all pass what I would love to shoot. Great job doing so. Sorry your neighbor popped him.
I was fine with that development, no prob. ^^ The neighbor got him with his bow, shoot, I may have shot with my bow too. (I was using my muzzy that night and was trying to target a couple of really old, but modest racked bucks, with the extra reach of the muzzy.)

He was a little over 150" as an 8 pt frame. I passed several bucks that night, including the one my son shot this past weekend. My son's was also an 8 pt frame with a few stickers, grossing in the upper 150's. All is well.

Anything moving today in the warm weather Ishi?
Went out from 6:15 to 7:45 this morning. Saw 5 bucks from a spike to a 3yr old 8, all dogging a very young doe at the same time. That was my 5 minutes of action then it was dead. Trying to get out of work early for this afternoon cold front but that's not looking good right now. Rather be in a tree!

Anything moving today in the warm weather Ishi?
Went out from 6:15 to 7:45 this morning. Saw 5 bucks from a spike to a 3yr old 8, all dogging a very young doe at the same time. That was my 5 minutes of action then it was dead. Trying to get out of work early for this afternoon cold front but that's not looking good right now. Rather be in a tree!
Three doe at sunrise and a forky after that! Dead since but now the wind is out of the north with temps going down. I was going to move midday but didn’t and my cold weather clothes are in the truck! Oh well time to tough it out

Top Bottom