Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Volunteers for Classic - IBA booth, I’ll join as well!!!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Had a great idea brought to me that we discussed with IBA….
Huge audience & one spot where the most folks be under one roof. A place where the VAST MAJORITY do not want to see iowa ruined. Vast majority opposed to these crazy bills.
We are going to have some iPads there where it’ll take a matter of seconds for folks to write in from the booth. We’ll also have petitions if a person rather do that. Or just basic quick discussion about the things we are all well aware of here (bills & threats to iowa) that others are not. At a basic level “what IBA does, why become member & keep iowa great!!”

Need some folks who would volunteer any amount of time. Few hours. Half day, a day- whatever. I did 3 full days a few years ago & not bad. (I’m cross-eyed & drool constantly & I can pull it off ;). ). Fun!!!! Just need a portion of day or whatever works.
Nothing complex. Basic understanding of legislation & keeping iowa special place. You are among hunters so it’s laid back peers u will be around. Ability to run an iPad & chat with hunters in respectful but passionate way.

There may be a few folks not agreeing with opposing these bills- that’s ok- we all know how to be polite & respectfully disagree.

I’ll throw my own time in here as well. I don’t expect anyone to do what I won’t do…. I’ll be there for a day or fill in a spot where it’s helpful. So- SEE YOU THERE!!!
Please reach out to me. Very easy. Have really quick laid back chat or communication & we can keep iowa great!!! Thx all!!!
PM me or email or send me PM or email & I’ll send u my cell #.

I would do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, work is taking me out of town, and I’ll miss the entire Classic for the 2nd year in a row. Hope you get some good help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My kid will be rolling around at state wrestling that weekend. I'd be willing to throw some cash towards a prize/raffle. Every person who sends an email gets entered. Just an idea. Everybody loves a free raffle

I was able to set up at the classic years ago- it’s amazing the amount of people you get to talk to. That being said- I’ve had to work every deer classic weekend since then. Pry been 7ish years in a row

Let me throw this out there!!!…..
If someone did like half day or ideally a day…. I’d let someone turkey hunt. ;). Little quid pro quo here even though this is a charity type situation but I want to get good folks & throw something back as a thank u.

If someone did like half day or ideally a day…. I’d let someone turkey hunt. ;). Little quid pro quo here even though this is a charity type situation but I want to get good folks & throw something back as a thank u.
What about covering the cost of admission for those volunteering? Maybe a half day minimum? Just spitballing.

What about covering the cost of admission for those volunteering? Maybe a half day minimum? Just spitballing.
Oh- no problem!!!! Done!!!! I’ll throw one more out….. I’ll cover admission & I’ll cover cost to become an IBA member. This is me personally, not the IBA covering these costs. So it’s a personal thank you I would like to offer.

I’ll add to this if someone wants the turkey hunt, I’d gladly guide them if schedules work out. I know the turkeys there pretty well. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many more volunteers are needed? I think there are a lot of passionate people and members, but, outgoing and wanting to man a booth and talk to the public is definitely not for everyone. I feel obligated, but I am not an expert at all on some of these bills and the process nor the best at manning a booth.

How many more volunteers are needed? I think there are a lot of passionate people and members, but, outgoing and wanting to man a booth and talk to the public is definitely not for everyone. I feel obligated, but I am not an expert at all on some of these bills and the process nor the best at manning a booth.
Don’t need to be an expert!!!!! Just ability to talk talk to fellow hunters. Discuss basics of crazy regs. Most are going to agree. Then it’s just “here’s an easy fast way to act”. This is easy, no pressure & very casual. Not hard. There’s some hillbillies at some of these booths with zero people skills & IQ’s almost as low as MINE & they do just fine. It’s super easy. This is not like public speaking or anything.

Top Bottom