Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wanted 2 Row Corn Planter

Why not 4 rows? A lot easier to find. Are you looking to put them to a 3 pt application or something? How big is the tractor? Takes a small tractor to pull a 4 row- not too difficult. Just curious.

Arctic cat has 2 row planters for their speedpoint system for 4 wheelers.. they're a pretty penny though

Why not 4 rows? A lot easier to find. Are you looking to put them to a 3 pt application or something? How big is the tractor? Takes a small tractor to pull a 4 row- not too difficult. Just curious.

I am guessing they are wanting to trailer them. I use a 2 row simply because it is a lot easier to load on a trailer with a tractor and take off then having to try and load a 4 row.

There is a guy out of Lacona iowa that sells them that is where I bought mine. When I sold my farm the deal was the planter stayed with it so now I am getting another one from him. He doesn't have any ready now but said to get a hold of him after april 6th and he should have a few. I will let you know his name and number after I get mine:D

OK, transporting?!?! Duh, I didn't think of that. I do transport my 4 row, take the drive chain off and pull behind my jeep BUT then I can't take a tractor with it or anything. Be cool to have a 3 pt 2 row planter, I bet that's what the guy is doing, cutting up bigger planters. I assume he really checks them out close too? Lots can be bad on those things- bean meters/internal brushes, frogs, openers, etc, etc. I bought a 4 row about 3 years ago for dirt cheap (knew it needed some work)- brought it to dealership and said "make it right" - I ended up dropping $1,600 into it to replace things that were critically needed- probably could have gotten away with a little less (and I did calibrate it) BUT that rascal is gonna last me 20 years, easy with just doing plots.

Ya i think i changed my mind. I am now leaning towards a four row. I did originally want the 2 row to transport it because i plot 2 different properties. The farmer at the one property said we could use his 2 row, so now i think i am going to get a 4 row for my property. Will be planting about 6 acres. Right now i dont have a tractor, i use a polaris ranger 800, or if that does not work we were thinking our jeep could pull it untill i get a tractor. The bad thing is i am kindoff bumbed because i bid a jd 7000 up to $1100 this weekend and stopped and it went for $1200 at auction. (it was in great shape) That was before i really decided i would be better with a 4 row, minutes after it was sold.

Ok- so you are gonna pull a planter with a UTV or a Jeep? I haven't seen it done but curious if that's what you are thinking? how do you work the hydraulics? $1100-1200 for a 2 row is fine. I bet you can find a 4 row in GREAT SHAPE for $1300-2000. Now, the KEY is, make sure you KNOW what "great shape" means!!!! There's a lot of up-keep and repairs you might not realize can occur on your planter. 4 row in GREAT shape for $1500 is a bargain if it's really in awesome working condition (and remember- MOST ARE NOT!). Good luck!

If we used the jeep we are going to hook it up to the plow hydrolics. If we use the atv we ware going to have to make a manual lift. I also have a 30hp tractor availible if that would pull it. The jeep and atv idea is just to get us by untill i decide to get a tractor. I am just new to this and not sure what size equipment i want yet, new compact or a cheaper older tractor. For now i dont evan have a planter yet, so i may have to transport the farmers 2 row. If anybody knows of a 4 row for sale i am interested.

planters

ok guys i have been going to sells all winter you can pick up a two row planter for around 700 and they looked good like new 4 row planters just depends if they have everything with it ready to plant 1500 they sold 4 at the sell 2 weeks ago brought 14 1500 everyone of them if you pay more than that than you have paid to much we bought one ready to plant with row markers corn and bean ready 1200 just look around

planters

we are planting food plots this week gased 150 acres over the weekend for corn plots only have 4000 acers of corn to help plant and 3000 acers of beans

I would have someone who knows what they are doing take a close look at them before you buy- there's a lot of hidden costs you may be looking at later if stuff is wore out!!! I'm talking like $200-400 per row depending on how bad it is. so $1400 for a planter that needs repair OR $2000 for one you know is in great shape, I'd do the $2k one.

If you're going to get a tractor, I'd steer towards a 4 row. Me personally, I'd ONLY buy a NEW tractor or NEWER- I don't got time to fart around with all the garbage that constantly breaks on old tractors- even the good ones, too many problems!!! Newer tractors for me ONLY.
30 HP tractor would pull a 4 row in my opinion. I did it with a 45 HP tractor and it had ZERO trouble, it was CAKE. I am confident a 30 hp could do it. Does it have hydraulics in back? If so, get a 4 row, pull it with that tractor and you're golden.

planters

i was with a farm at the sells he looked we looked at all of them all of them in about the same shape still brought 14 1500 but sligh is right on with the tractor buy new less trouble and john deere has some great rates right know they will be going up ten % on all john deere stuff the farmer i know traded every tractor he had for 2011 2012 some he want get tell october better buy now

I had one of our farmer friends looka t the four row i was going to by and he was the one that told me it was in good shape, he was the one that found it for me.
Sweet, i was wandering what size tractor it would take to pull it they just look so heavy. The "farmer" friend i have told me they really dont take much to pull them.
I definately hear you on buying new or barely used tractor. i dont have the time nor the patience to mess with broken equipment either. I have just seen some descent looking older tractors go cheap at auctions lately, is what made me think of just buying one of those for now.
I am looking at a 2005, 4010 john deere to buy but not sure if i want to part with the cash now or wait till next year. I am now assuming that would pull the 4 row. The good thing is i can use the tractor but i cant call it mine.
Thanks for all the advice I have definately decided to go with the four row. I just need to find one.

this is our two row corn planter that we built and our tractor we purchsed for our small corn plots this year. We use Dads 4 row planter and machinery for the big corn plots. It is 3 pt accessible, we use the front tires for row markers. Were building another one for a friend. Works pretty slick

s
IMG_1135.jpg

Top Bottom