• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email [email protected]

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Hunterra - Custom Hunting Property Maps

Watering hole

For anyone that has or is thinking about adding a watering hole/pond as an attraction to a stand location, what is your opinion on minimum size and depth? Flexible liner (i.e. plastic/vinyl sheeting, tarp) or solid tank/pool? Thanks!

I used a skidsteer to make one at my last farm. It was probably about 20’ long, 6 or 7’ wide, and about 3.5’ deep. The deer used it pretty well, but i never witnessed (in person or trail cam) any bucks getting completely in it to cool off during the rut like i had been told.

gunrunr

Life Member
Same here, dug one with skidloader, Currently probably 5' deep and plenty big for a watering hole. Didnt line it with anything yet, we'll see how it holds water this fall.
Last year it was pretty dry and never got a ton of use but it has plenty of water now and has deer on it daily.
1651175314430.png

EatSleepHunt

PICT1592.JPG
PICT0195.JPG
PICT1495.JPG

A water hole was a game changer at my place. These are pictures of the first year I put it in. A drought year around here.
I love sitting in the water hole stand on a warm sunny day late November!

Daver

PMA Member
Are you guys not concerned with these being a breeding ground for EHD?
I have thought about it...but my "watering hole" pond has fairly steep banks and therefore, even in drought conditions, there isn't a lot of exposed mud. I have certainly had drought over the years, but have yet to detect where we have lost much due to EHD. So I am aware, but not overly concerned.

Top Bottom