Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Weed spray for legumes?

MOBEN,

I have not used Poast Plus so I am not familiar with the application rate. However, you should read the label to find out what the rate per gallon/acreage is. I know that Select calls for 1/2 ounce per gallon and the crop oil is 1.3 ounces per gallon. With my 25 gallon tank and running my 4 wheeler(with spray boom set at 35 psi) at 5 mph it covers 1 acre nicely.

Long and short of it is....check out the label. If the lable is missing you can contact your local ag center or find the label on line.....Ok, I just checked on line....click the links below for some information on Poast Plus..

http://btny.purdue.edu/Pubs/WS/WS-16/LegumeHerb05.pdf#search='poast%20plus%20application%20rate'

http://ohioline.osu.edu/weeds/weeds_171.html

Re: Weed spray for legumes? -Roundup Ready Alfalfa

I haven't been to IW.com in while but found this to be an interesting topic. A weed management approach I've taken has been to use Fusion herbicide for grass control in clover plots. Its rather expesive but I've had good luck with it. Add 6.5 fl. oz. of Fusion to every 10 gallons of water with 3 fl. oz. of a nonionic surfactant. It also works great for killing grasses around young trees. For my broadleaf control I simply mow my plots 2 or 3 times a year.
Our company - Monsanto Co., is on the verge of launching Roundup Ready Alfalfa. There will be limited plantings of it this fall. This Roundup Ready Trait will eventually be available to the companies that provide our food plot products. This will make food plot weed management extremely simple. Can't wait.

Corndude,

Any chance you might know a guy named Jim Samis who works for Monsano??

Bigbuckdown,

I don't know Jim. Monsanto is a big company. I'm in the seed research division.

try "Grass-B-Gone" from your local hardware store

Top Bottom